September 27 2022
We’re determined to define best practice for the future of corporate services. As a member of our team, you’ll stay in tune with every innovative development in the field of corporate accounting, tax, legal services and more. That’s how we earn our industry leading reputation – and you enhance yours.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out these top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Our culture is unlike anywhere else. We are proud of what we have built so far – even as we continue to push our boundaries, to ensure our success in the future. Our environment is powered by a unique set of values and one deliberate mission. To perform, together. By harnessing technology and the collective intelligence of our people, we make the investment management process run smoother: transparent, data led decision making on a global scale. We are The Alternative.
Flexible Working Hours
Competitive packages with extra benefits depending on location
Extra days depending on location and birthday leave
Join our team of professionals in Amsterdam as a Finance Intern!
For our office in Amsterdam, we are currently looking for Finance Interns to work closely with our Private Equity or Real Estate team. We offer a dynamic, and international corporate atmosphere as well as the benefit of customised training adapted to your needs throughout your career. This is a 4 - 6 month paid internship opportunity- an excellent way to learn about the international finance and corporate structures by a training on the job.
- Several internship opportunities of at least 4 months in duration with the possibility of recruitment for a full - time position upon completion of the internship;
- Customized training within a young, dynamic, international corporate atmosphere;
- Financial compensation during the internship.
YOUR FUTURE RESPONSIBILITIES
As a Trainee with Alter Domus, you will be responsible for a portfolio of clients and will work as part of a team to achieve and meet their needs. Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Handling day-to-day operations of companies and responding to clients' requests;
- Assist with the bookkeeping of a number of property-, financing- and holding companies;
- Prepare financial reporting, including cash flow management;
- Preparation and coordination of payments and related transaction monitoring;
- Maintaining contacts with property managers, asset managers, tax advisors, lawyers etc.;
- Assist with preparation of corporate and VAT returns and maintaining relevant contact with tax authorities and tax advisers;
- Taking part in restructuring plans or other transactions in compliance with recommendations of the local regulatory body, including spin - offs mergers and acquisitions.
What we’ll look for on your CV:
- You hold or are currently pursuing a degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics (Students from Universities of Applied Sciences are welcome to apply);
- You are fluent in English and preferably in Dutch;
What will make you stand out in a crowd:
- You have good communication skills and a strong team spirit;
- You are independent, pro-active, detail-oriented and goal-driven;
- You are able to meet tight deadlines;
- You demonstrate problem solving, analytical and prioritisation skills.
WHAT WE DO
We are Alter Domus. Our name means “The Other House” and we’re a world leading provider of integrated solutions for the alternative investment industry. We believe in being different. Here, you progress on merit, not who you know. You speak openly, whoever you’re speaking to. And it’s your freedom to decide which cutting-edge kind of finance professional you want to be. Join more than 3,600 fund administration, accounting, tax, loan administration and legal experts worldwide and take pride in being alternative.
Alter Domus clients include the world’s leading asset managers, lenders and asset owners. We’re specialists who use the most innovative technologies to create unparalleled solutions for the private equity, real assets and debt capital markets sectors. This is where standout talent advances what’s possible in fund administration, corporate services, depositary services, transfer pricing, domiciliation, management company services, loan administration, agency services, trade settlement and CLO manager services.
Hear from the team
"As a junior, I learn a lot from all colleagues around me. In addition, the AD Academy keeps on providing us with all the training we need.
Shania Galea, Corporate Services Officer, Malta