September 20 2022
Group Project Analyst
We are Alter Domus. Our name means “The Other House” and we’re a world leading provider of integrated solutions for the alternative investment industry. We believe in being different. Here, you progress on merit, not who you know. You speak openly, whoever you’re speaking to. And it’s your freedom to decide which cutting-edge kind of finance professional you want to be. Join more than 3,600 fund administration, accounting, tax, loan administration and legal experts worldwide and take pride in being alternative.
Alter Domus clients include the world’s leading asset managers, lenders and asset owners. We’re specialists who use the most innovative technologies to create unparalleled solutions for the private equity, real assets and debt capital markets sectors. This is where standout talent advances what’s possible in fund administration, corporate services, depositary services, transfer pricing, domiciliation, management company services, loan administration, agency services, trade settlement and CLO manager services.
At Alter Domus we attract, grow, and develop Alternative Thinkers. The Alter Domus Academy helps our people to be their professional best, to become Alternative Thinkers. The Academy team is expanding, and we are looking for an L&D Partner who shares our passion for developing people.
We are adding to our growing FP&A team with a position for a high-performing project analyst. Supporting our growing Tech function and corporate projects, we are looking for an ambitious junior colleague who can analyse and report data to senior stakeholders whilst overseeing the global projects administration in our new global cloud-based reporting tool.
Supporting a business spanning 21 countries, with revenues of €500m (growing at >15%/yr) and a strong pipeline of Tech initiatives, this is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious and detail-oriented analyst to leverage their technical skills in the heart of a global business.
- Track and report capex activity globally for the AD business, reporting to stakeholders particularly in the Tech function
- Monitor, challenge and control exceptional and corporate project spend (including revenue generation initiatives)
- Analyse and extrapolate financial trends in support of budgeting, forecasting and analysis
- Administer and deliver project code management in our global system, including code creation/updates and stakeholder management
- Act as in-house expert on S/4 project management and reporting
- First point of contact for all business, BI or CFO queries on capex and project spend
- Member of wider FP&A team and involvement in commercial and data initiatives in Finance
To succeed, you will be:
- Familiar with financial disciplines and comfortable with FP&A and accounting concepts such as trend analysis, capex and budget variance reporting
- Experienced, with at least 3 years of professional experience
- Adept at explaining complex / data-heavy topics to stakeholders in an engaging way
- Comfortable with large scale tools for data management
- Detail-oriented and interested in understanding and explaining how complex financial systems operate at a technical level
- Tech-aware and engaged in modern ways of working and cloud-based tools
What we offer
As a high-growth global business with sophisticated financial reporting standards, you will be part of a group FP&A team that offers:
- Exposure to a large and fast-growth business with large-scale tech initiatives
- The opportunity to master and own complex disciplines in a state-of-the-art cloud-based tool
- Interaction with colleagues at all levels in a data-hungry organisation
- A positive culture of development and growth for professionals of all ages
Team and location
The role is one of four reporting into our Group Head of FP&A. The role is based in Malta, with peers and stakeholders across the world.
Amanda Donohue, Senior Manager, Cork
Think ahead to five years’ time and where you would like to see yourself. That’s what I did and Alter Domus offered me the right path.
Aristidis Halikias, Managing Director, Chicago
Many might think that the financial services industry is primarily numbers and math, but I believe we are a people business. The people at Alter Domus make it what it is, and we have some of the best in the entire industry.
Carla Walmsley, Senior Manager, Jersey
Alter Domus were fully supportive through my studying path, providing study support in the way of study fees and study leave, as well as some flexible working towards nearer each exam to help me manage with work/life (and exam!) balance.
Shania Galea, Corporate Services Officer, Malta
As a junior, I learn a lot from all colleagues around me. In addition, the AD Academy keeps on providing us with all the training we need.