September 16 2022
Group Treasury / Accounts Payable Manager
We are Alter Domus. Our name means “The Other House” and we’re a world leading provider of integrated solutions for the alternative investment industry. We believe in being different. Here, you progress on merit, not who you know. You speak openly, whoever you’re speaking to. And it’s your freedom to decide which cutting-edge kind of finance professional you want to be. Join more than 3,600 fund administration, accounting, tax, loan administration and legal experts worldwide and take pride in being alternative.
Alter Domus clients include the world’s leading asset managers, lenders and asset owners. We’re specialists who use the most innovative technologies to create unparalleled solutions for the private equity, real assets and debt capital markets sectors. This is where standout talent advances what’s possible in fund administration, corporate services, depositary services, transfer pricing, domiciliation, management company services, loan administration, agency services, trade settlement and CLO manager services
Alter Domus offers a dynamic international career and client exposure. We can provide tailored learning and development to further advance and benefit your career.
What we are looking for:
- Dynamic, self-starting individual with the willingness to take on the next step in their career
- Eager to gain international experience and work in/relocate to Malta managing a highly diverse and international team
In this role, you will:
- Lead the Group Treasury and Accounts Payable (AP) function reporting into the Director Treasury
- Oversee implementation of the Group`s cash pool and daily cash position
- Improve and manage cash forecasting and assisting the Local Controllers to identify main variances
- Manage, maintain and administer bank relationships and management reporting
- Integrate AP and Treasury processes to streamline operations across the Group
- Oversee and support team activities around receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices and charging expenses to accounts and cost centers, as well as verifying vendor accounts, paying vendors, and resolving purchase order, invoice, or payment discrepancies
- Further develop scalable workflows that can be applied across expanding geographic footprint
- Develop strategies to improve working capital metrics
- Oversee monthly closing cycles preparation
- Develop and update AP/Treasury Policies and Controls
What you'll bring to this role:
- Bachelor's or Associate's degree in Accounting, Finance or related
- 3- 5 years of experience in the areas of Treasury, Accounts Payable or Accounting
- In-depth knowledge of accounts payable principles, accounting standards and cash management
- Demonstrated ability to design and implement new Finance processes and controls
- Ability to work across multiple teams within and outside of an organization and handle multiple concurrent tasks
- Experience in working with S4HANA is a plus
This role is based in Malta as part of our Europe-wide center of finance excellence. Our corporate language is English.
Amanda Donohue, Senior Manager, Cork
Think ahead to five years’ time and where you would like to see yourself. That’s what I did and Alter Domus offered me the right path.
Aristidis Halikias, Managing Director, Chicago
Many might think that the financial services industry is primarily numbers and math, but I believe we are a people business. The people at Alter Domus make it what it is, and we have some of the best in the entire industry.
Carla Walmsley, Senior Manager, Jersey
Alter Domus were fully supportive through my studying path, providing study support in the way of study fees and study leave, as well as some flexible working towards nearer each exam to help me manage with work/life (and exam!) balance.
Shania Galea, Corporate Services Officer, Malta
As a junior, I learn a lot from all colleagues around me. In addition, the AD Academy keeps on providing us with all the training we need.