Birkirkara, Malta; Hyderabad, India
August 03 2023
International Tax Senior Officer
Alter Domus is hiring an International Tax Senior Officer within our growing global tax team to delivery high quality tax compliance and accounting. As a fast-growth global group operating in 23 entities, Alter Domus is a pioneer in its space and the ideal environment for an ambitious and diligent tax expert.
Supporting the Group Head of Tax in Chicago and working in close collaboration with the Group Tax Manager in Luxembourg, the key responsibilities of this role include:
• Monitoring tax compliance (both direct and indirect) globally
• Assisting with tax compliance activities, particularly in our operations in Luxembourg and Malta
• Preparation of detailed workpapers and returns in collaboration with the Group Tax Manager
• Coordination of and participation in liaison with our auditors on tax compliance, risk and accounting matters
• Advising on and assist in reviewing the accounting for direct and indirect taxes in Luxembourg and Malta and frequently in other locations also
• Assisting in value-add initiatives globally, including in particular transfer pricing policy improvements, risk mitigation, technical communications, M&A, business queries and international developments more broadly
• You have at least 3 years of relevant working experience in corporate tax and/or VAT and/or transfer pricing (not all of these are required, but an appreciation of the tax areas that you are not specialized in is an asset).
• You have a degree in accounting/tax or a related field and/or Chartered Professional Accountant and/or Chartered Tax Advisor.
• Experience in the tax affairs of Luxembourg and/or Malta would be considered highly useful and it would be beneficial to also have an appreciation of the context elsewhere in Europe or in the US
• You are familiar with the tax challenges within an international organization generally, including those linked to debt and M&A
• Strong excel skills.
• Being a team player with “hands-on” mentality and by adopting a proactive approach towards day-to-day handling of tasks and projects.
• You have strong interpersonal skills and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• You are proactive, with the ability to multi-task and learn quickly, and feel comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
• You possess team spirit, risk awareness and high integrity when dealing with confidential information.
• You are fluent in English; knowledge of French considered as an asset.
Our team is multinational and collaborative and our corporate language is English.
We are Alter Domus. Our name means “The Other House” and we’re a world leading provider of integrated solutions for the alternative investment industry. We believe in being different. Here, you progress on merit, not who you know. You speak openly, whoever you’re speaking to. And it’s your freedom to decide which cutting-edge kind of finance professional you want to be. Join more than 4,100 fund administration, accounting, tax, loan administration and legal experts worldwide and take pride in being alternative. Alter Domus clients include the world’s leading asset managers, lenders and asset owners. We’re specialists who use the most innovative technologies to create unparalleled solutions for the private equity, real assets and debt capital markets sectors. This is where standout talent advances what’s possible in fund administration, corporate services, depositary services, transfer pricing, domiciliation, management company services, loan administration, agency services, trade settlement and CLO manager services.
Amanda Donohue, Senior Manager, Cork
Think ahead to five years’ time and where you would like to see yourself. That’s what I did and Alter Domus offered me the right path.
Aristidis Halikias, Managing Director, Chicago
Many might think that the financial services industry is primarily numbers and math, but I believe we are a people business. The people at Alter Domus make it what it is, and we have some of the best in the entire industry.
Carla Walmsley, Senior Manager, Jersey
Alter Domus were fully supportive through my studying path, providing study support in the way of study fees and study leave, as well as some flexible working towards nearer each exam to help me manage with work/life (and exam!) balance.
Shania Galea, Corporate Services Officer, Malta
As a junior, I learn a lot from all colleagues around me. In addition, the AD Academy keeps on providing us with all the training we need.