Boston, United States
March 23 2023
Fund Administration Services
This is fund accounting and administration at its finest. Where we pair end-to-end expertise with a full spectrum of integrated solutions to exceed our clients’ needs. Here, we advance what’s possible. And give you every opportunity to advance yourself in this fast-moving data-led area.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out these top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Our culture is unlike anywhere else. We are proud of what we have built so far – even as we continue to push our boundaries, to ensure our success in the future. Our environment is powered by a unique set of values and one deliberate mission. To perform, together. By harnessing technology and the collective intelligence of our people, we make the investment management process run smoother: transparent, data led decision making on a global scale. We are The Alternative.
Flexible Working Hours
Competitive packages with extra benefits depending on location
Extra days depending on location and birthday leave
Senior Fund Accountant - Private Equity
Alter Domus is currently seeking a number of new Fund Accountants to join our Real Estate teams in Chicago, IL, or Carmel IN.
We are Alter Domus. Our name means “The Other House” and we’re a world leading provider of integrated solutions for the alternative investment industry. We believe in being different. Here, you progress on merit, not who you know. You speak openly, whoever you’re speaking to. And it’s your freedom to decide which cutting-edge kind of finance professional you want to be. Join more than 4,500 fund administration, accounting, tax, loan administration and legal experts worldwide and take pride in being alternative.
Alter Domus clients include the world’s leading asset managers, lenders and asset owners. We’re specialists who use the most innovative technologies to create unparalleled solutions for the private equity, real assets and debt capital markets sectors. This is where standout talent advances what’s possible in fund administration, corporate services, depositary services, transfer pricing, domiciliation, management company services, loan administration, agency services, trade settlement and CLO manager services.
At Alter Domus we attract, grow, and develop Alternative Thinkers. The Alter Domus Academy helps our people to be their professional best, to become Alternative Thinkers. The Academy team is expanding, and we are looking for an L&D Partner who shares our passion for developing people.
Alter Domus is currently seeking a new Senior Fund Accountant to join our Private Equity Fund Administration team in Boston, MA or Darien, CT.
- Review daily cash contributions and distributions for investment fund clients;
- Inquire about cash and journal entries;
- Participate in quarterly and annual audit functions;
- Assist with open items list and auditor communications;
- Regular communication with client responding and coordinating response to inquiries in a timely manner and sense of urgency; and
- Understand the governing agreements between Alter Domus and the client.
- Accounting degree with high-quality grades;
- 2 to 5 years’ experience with at least 2 of those years with a Big 4 otherwise public accounting firm performing audits on private equity or hedge funds;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Solid understanding of different types of investments: equity, debt, co-invest and FoF;
- Keen attention to detail and critical thinking skills;
- Ability to multitask, working both independently and as part of a team with professionals at all levels;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel; and
- CPA, or intention to obtain CPA, preferred.
Hear from the team
"Alter Domus were fully supportive through my studying path, providing study support in the way of study fees and study leave, as well as some flexible working towards nearer each exam to help me manage with work/life (and exam!) balance.
Carla Walmsley, Senior Manager - Fund Services, Jersey