What makes a successful member of our team? Check out these top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Our culture is unlike anywhere else. We are proud of what we have built so far – even as we continue to push our boundaries, to ensure our success in the future. Our environment is powered by a unique set of values and one deliberate mission. To perform, together. By harnessing technology and the collective intelligence of our people, we make the investment management process run smoother: transparent, data led decision making on a global scale. We are The Alternative.
Flexible Working Hours
Competitive packages with extra benefits depending on location
Extra days depending on location and birthday leave
SFA - Senior Fund Accountant
Senior Fund Accountant (Structured)
Location: Carmel, IN
Alter Domus is currently seeking a new Senior Fund Accountant to join our Credit Fund Administration team at our Carmel, IN office.
- Leverage prior job experience (preferably Big 4 and/or relevant industry experience);
- Broaden accounting, finance and analytical skills;
- Supervise and mentor a team of Associate Fund Accountants and Fund Accountants, as well as train new employees;
- Administer, report, review, and understand industry standards;
- Respond to auditor queries;
- Increase communication/interaction with clients and their investors. Prepare/review monthly, quarterly and annual reports for investors, consultants and other stakeholders including financial information, performance returns, operations and variance analysis;
- Calculate and review various performance returns;
- Support and coordinate cash distributions on behalf of clients;
- Prepare, review, analyze and interpret accounting records, financial statements, footnotes or other financial report to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards for audit reports;
- Develop leadership skills by demonstrating a willingness to lead projects and offer input; and
- Review documents to ensure compliance with client agreement(s).
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting (or related field);
- 3+ years of finance or accounting experience;
- Experience working with Close End Funds, Private Equity, PERE, CMBS preferred
- In-depth understanding of investments within assigned fund(s);
- Broad market knowledge;
- Strong communication and analytical skills; and
- CPA or CPA eligibility a plus.
Independent and possessing more than fifteen years’ experience in its field, Alter Domus has become a leader in corporate and management services for private equity & infrastructure and real estate funds as well as listed and unlisted companies. Our staff of over 2,000 people also provides fund administration and financial reporting services. We mentor and develop our employees’ technical knowledge and practical skills. We also champion commitment and a customer-oriented mindset.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Alter Domus offers a competitive, comprehensive benefits package including a generous vacation policy, a diverse work environment, and strong global connections. As you collaborate with colleagues in our fast-paced environment, you will gain exposure to demanding and stimulating experiences that you will take with you as your career progresses. We provide a sophisticated work environment with prominent clients that will take your ambitions and talents to the next level and give you the resources and support you need to succeed.
For more information, please visit: www.alterdomus.com.
Cortland* Part of Alter Domus Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Hear from the team
"Alter Domus were fully supportive through my studying path, providing study support in the way of study fees and study leave, as well as some flexible working towards nearer each exam to help me manage with work/life (and exam!) balance.
Carla Walmsley, Senior Manager - Fund Services, Jersey