What makes a successful member of our team? Check out these top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Our culture is unlike anywhere else. We are proud of what we have built so far – even as we continue to push our boundaries, to ensure our success in the future. Our environment is powered by a unique set of values and one deliberate mission. To perform, together. By harnessing technology and the collective intelligence of our people, we make the investment management process run smoother: transparent, data led decision making on a global scale. We are The Alternative.
Flexible Working Hours
Competitive packages with extra benefits depending on location
Extra days depending on location and birthday leave
Associate I- Loan Agency (Campus)
Associate I - Loan Agency
Alter Domus is currently seeking a new Associate to join our Loan Agency team in Chicago, IL.
- Manage middle market-market and broadly-syndicated commercial bank loans where Alter Domus has been engaged as the administrative agent;
- Maintain the loan register, record, and execute all loan activities;
- Ensure integrity of assigned portfolio of loans;
- Review and extract data from loan agreements, amendments, and other governing loan documents, ensuring accurate application on the loan agency system;
- Performs settlement with borrowers and syndicate members;
- Manage deal party requests for information within the terms of the loan documentation, policy, and procedures;
- Prepare and process invoices, disbursing all deal-related fees;
- Accurately prepare loan notices;
- Collect and disburse loan interest, principal, fee payments and new-borrower funding;
- Develop and maintain a solid working relationship with all deal parties, providing exceptional customer service;
- Assist with new deal onboarding including borrower and lender setup; and
- Ensure operational excellence by maintaining accuracy and following internal control procedures and teamwork.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business, economics or related field;
- 0+ years of experience, new graduates encouraged to apply;
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills;
- Demonstrated analytical capabilities and strong attention to detail;
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments, and manage ambiguity;
- Dynamic and flexible workstyle (i.e. successful candidates can work both independently and as a part of a team with professionals from all levels); and
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
We are Alter Domus. Our name means “The Other House” and we’re a world leading provider of integrated solutions for the alternative investment industry. We believe in being different. Here, you progress on merit, not who you know. You speak openly, whoever you’re speaking to. And it’s your freedom to decide which cutting-edge kind of finance professional you want to be. Join more than 4,100 fund administration, accounting, tax, loan administration and legal experts worldwide and take pride in being alternative.
Alter Domus clients include the world’s leading asset managers, lenders and asset owners. We’re specialists who use the most innovative technologies to create unparalleled solutions for the private equity, real assets and debt capital markets sectors. This is where standout talent advances what’s possible in fund administration, corporate services, depositary services, transfer pricing, domiciliation, management company services, loan administration, agency services, trade settlement and CLO manager services.
At Alter Domus we attract, grow, and develop Alternative Thinkers. The Alter Domus Academy helps our people to be their professional best, to become Alternative Thinkers. The Academy team is expanding, and we are looking for an L&D Partner who shares our passion for developing people.
Alter Domus is an Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Hear from the team
"Alter Domus prides itself on giving individuals the opportunity to grow personally, professionally, and more specifically for myself in a leadership capacity. From when I started, I have been grateful to have the support of management and a strong leadership team around me.
Alter Domus has a very diverse workforce with an abundance of rich experience, and individuals have the freedom to engage with leadership and management teams at all ends of the spectrum."
Mohammad Khan, Associate Director - Debt Capital Markets, North America