Chicago, United States
May 04 2023
Business Office Services
Business Executive, Office of the CEO
We are Alter Domus. Our name means “The Other House” and we’re a world leading provider of integrated solutions for the alternative investment industry. We believe in being different. Here, you progress on merit, not who you know. You speak openly, whoever you’re speaking to. And it’s your freedom to decide which cutting-edge kind of finance professional you want to be. Join more than 4,500 fund administration, accounting, tax, loan administration and legal experts worldwide and take pride in being alternative.
Alter Domus clients include the world’s leading asset managers, lenders and asset owners. We’re specialists who use the most innovative technologies to create unparalleled solutions for the private equity, real assets and debt capital markets sectors. This is where standout talent advances what’s possible in fund administration, corporate services, depositary services, transfer pricing, domiciliation, management company services, loan administration, agency services, trade settlement and CLO manager services.
At Alter Domus we attract, grow, and develop Alternative Thinkers. The Alter Domus Academy helps our people to be their professional best, to become Alternative Thinkers. The Academy team is expanding, and we are looking for an L&D Partner who shares our passion for developing people.
Working for the CEO office in Alter Domus and based in our Office in Chicago, this is an exciting and dynamic opportunity for an ambitious professional to provide dedicated executive support while gaining experience Suite level exposure in a fast-growing global business.
This role will assist in the proactive management of the CEOs office and will support the CEO in the execution of his responsibilities working directly with the Group Executive Board and gaining first-hand experience of strategic assignments that will shape the future direction of the company.
It is expected that the incumbent will move into a role in the business at the end of the assignment.
- In your role in ensuring the smooth management of the CEO’s office, you will play a key role in ensuring that members of the Global Executive Board (GEB) interact effectively to support the priorities of the CEO, managing the cadence and focus of GEB meetings to ensure the CEO is well prepared in advance and ensuring standing items and topics are prioritised appropriately.
- You will provide pre-briefings to the CEO to ensure he is fully prepared for all upcoming meetings, including the collation of presentations and papers.
- You will work with other teams and assistants to ensure that contributions to these papers are delivered on time and you will review them for completeness and accuracy, proof-reading them and providing comments where appropriate. You will follow up on key actions and outcomes.
- You will anticipate the needs of the CEO and what he will need in the weeks ahead of him to be effective in his role.
- You will represent the CEOs office and act as an ambassador to both internal and external stakeholders, building effective working relationships with the Supervisory Board, founders of the Group and key investors. You will understand their agendas and bring this to bear in your interactions with them.
- You will arrange and oversee key internal and external events, including client and external stakeholder meetings.
- You will develop and oversee efficient core processes for the office of the CEO, including the maintenance of accurate records, meeting minutes and follow-ups and the organised and secure online storage of documents to meet any internal or external audit requirements.
- You will drive strategic projects for the firm and coordinate with key internal contributors
- Junior manager candidates with relevant experience in Strategy, management consulting, or M&A/Corporate Finance
- Holding an MBA or another relevant qualification, you will have relevant experience in professional or financial services, seeking your next career move to develop you career in a highly commercial context.
- You will possess excellent project management skills, gained in a high-paced environment where you can bring both your technical and analytical skills to bear to solve problems. You will have a track record in the production of and preparation of high quality presentations and management information and therefore will possess advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- You will have strong communication skills – both written and verbal – and your high attention to detail with ensure you have both the ability and confidence to check the work of others, including senior stakeholders to provide guidance and direction.
- You will be adept at managing competing demands on your time, actively prioritising and remaining calm under pressure while navigating complexity and challenges with confidence and resilience.
- You will have a track-record of working autonomously but combined with strong partnering skills you will be adept at building internal networks to achieve your objectives.
- You will possess intellectual curiosity and a global mind-set, flexing your style accordingly and operating with agility and tenacity.
- You will have excellent judgement and commercial acumen combined with a high degree of personal discretion. Diplomacy will be a key attribute of how you interact with a broad range of stakeholders.
- You will act with confidence dealing with stakeholders at all levels.
- You will have high energy and personal motivation – this role is for someone who is ambitious and wants to build a career by gaining first hand insights in to the operation of a high growth, ambitious company but has a can-do attitude and the openness to take on a wide range of tasks with humility and flexibility.
- Group Executive Board / Regional Executive
- The Executive Assistants of clients & prospective clients (C-Level down to business heads)
- Finance, Legal & Compliance, Risk Management, IT and Human Resources
Amanda Donohue, Senior Manager, Cork
Think ahead to five years’ time and where you would like to see yourself. That’s what I did and Alter Domus offered me the right path.
Aristidis Halikias, Managing Director, Chicago
Many might think that the financial services industry is primarily numbers and math, but I believe we are a people business. The people at Alter Domus make it what it is, and we have some of the best in the entire industry.
Carla Walmsley, Senior Manager, Jersey
Alter Domus were fully supportive through my studying path, providing study support in the way of study fees and study leave, as well as some flexible working towards nearer each exam to help me manage with work/life (and exam!) balance.
Shania Galea, Corporate Services Officer, Malta
As a junior, I learn a lot from all colleagues around me. In addition, the AD Academy keeps on providing us with all the training we need.