What makes a successful member of our team? Check out these top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Our culture is unlike anywhere else. We are proud of what we have built so far – even as we continue to push our boundaries, to ensure our success in the future. Our environment is powered by a unique set of values and one deliberate mission. To perform, together. By harnessing technology and the collective intelligence of our people, we make the investment management process run smoother: transparent, data led decision making on a global scale. We are The Alternative.
Flexible Working Hours
Competitive packages with extra benefits depending on location
Extra days depending on location and birthday leave
Fund Accounting Manager - Credit Funds
We are Alter Domus. Our name means “The Other House” and we’re a world leading provider of integrated solutions for the alternative investment industry. We believe in being different. Here, you progress on merit, not who you know. You speak openly, whoever you’re speaking to. And it’s your freedom to decide which cutting-edge kind of finance professional you want to be. Join more than 5,000 fund administration, accounting, tax, loan administration and legal experts worldwide and take pride in being alternative.
Alter Domus clients include the world’s leading asset managers, lenders and asset owners. We’re specialists who use the most innovative technologies to create unparalleled solutions for the private equity, real assets and debt capital markets sectors. This is where standout talent advances what’s possible in fund administration, corporate services, depositary services, transfer pricing, domiciliation, management company services, loan administration, agency services, trade settlement and CLO manager services.
- Review cash and journal entries;
- Assist in preparation and review of investment entries, valuations, capital calls, and distributions;
- Review allocations, ad-hoc communications with investors, workpapers and unaudited financial statements, partners’ capital statements, and all reports for both limited and general partners;
- Assist with preparing and reviewing audited financials and supporting schedules and liaison with auditors;
- Manage client expectations and communicate deliverables clearly and timely;
- Assist with open items list / auditor communications, 1099 form preparation, and onboarding process for both new clients and new funds;
- Review and assist in spearheading ongoing Credit Fund automation project;
- Communicate with senior team members on the status of reports and projects;
- Work with senior team members on special requests from clients; and
- Assist with the development of policies and procedures.
- 7+ years of professional experience;
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or similar;
- Expertise in Credit Fund Accounting and Bank Loan Markets operations;
- Experience preparing quarterly journal entries (e.g. cash, investments, intercompany, credit facility, accruals, valuations, management fees, invoices, and carried interest);
- Deep knowledge of Fund Accounting technology platforms;
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, including advanced formulas and pivot tables;
- Understanding of multiple vehicle structures including parallel, co-investor, blocker, feeder and holding company structures;
- Ability to quickly learn and understand Alter Domus’ accounting systems and corresponding reporting;
- Skilled at proactively identifying issues and recommend long-term solutions;
- Capacity to multitask, working on multiple client and/or fund deadlines;
- Effective communicator with clients;
- Capable of working both independently and on a team;
- Excellent attention to detail and analytical skills; and
- Experience managing a team is a plus.
At Alter Domus we are committed to inclusion and feel strongly that inclusive teams drive brilliant performance. We are an equal opportunity employer and recognise all facets of diversity and strive to create a psychologically safe workplace where all of our people can perform to their best’
Hear from the team
"Alter Domus were fully supportive through my studying path, providing study support in the way of study fees and study leave, as well as some flexible working towards nearer each exam to help me manage with work/life (and exam!) balance.
Carla Walmsley, Senior Manager - Fund Services, Jersey