Chicago, United States; Brea, United States
September 27 2022
Fund Manager - Real Estate
Alter Domus is currently seeking a number of new Fund Accounting Managers to join our Real Estate teams in Chicago, IL, or Brea, CA.
We are Alter Domus. Our name means “The Other House” and we’re a world leading provider of integrated solutions for the alternative investment industry. We believe in being different. Here, you progress on merit, not who you know. You speak openly, whoever you’re speaking to. And it’s your freedom to decide which cutting-edge kind of finance professional you want to be. Join more than 3,600 fund administration, accounting, tax, loan administration and legal experts worldwide and take pride in being alternative.
Alter Domus clients include the world’s leading asset managers, lenders and asset owners. We’re specialists who use the most innovative technologies to create unparalleled solutions for the private equity, real assets and debt capital markets sectors. This is where standout talent advances what’s possible in fund administration, corporate services, depositary services, transfer pricing, domiciliation, management company services, loan administration, agency services, trade settlement and CLO manager services.
At Alter Domus we attract, grow, and develop Alternative Thinkers. The Alter Domus Academy helps our people to be their professional best, to become Alternative Thinkers. The Academy team is expanding, and we are looking for an L&D Partner who shares our passion for developing people.
- Manage the client deliverables related to the NAV process, including financial statements, investor statements, capital call notices, distribution notices, and other ad-hoc reporting as required;
- Training, reviewing and oversight of Analyst/Associate/Senior Associates staff dedicated to your assigned group of funds;
- Identify and execute on efficiency and process-improvement opportunities and communicate improvements to business unit leaders and other internal teams;
- Adhere to compliance requirements and identify and communicate risks;
- Review and calculate complex management fees, incentive fees, capital calls, and allocations;
- Interact directly with clients on weekly/monthly calls and ad-hoc as required;
- Coordinate with Client Service team to manage deadlines and client expectations;
- Work with members of the Financial Control, Client Service, Implementation, and Technology teams to streamline production and enhance policies and procedures;
- Recruit, train, manage and develop a team of accounting and financial-reporting professionals;
- Ensure strong internal and external communications on status, issues, and expectations;
- Oversee and manage the interactions with the fund-client auditors; and
- Review all FS tables including CF, FIHI, Fair Value, etc. and limited exposure to footnotes.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or other business-related field with substantive and relevant work experience;
- 6+ years of accounting experience, preferably in the financial services industry, but not required;
- Proactive interest in learning, inquiring on, and mastering new investment concepts, accounting rules, and service processes required;
- Experience managing and directly overseeing a team required;
- Proactive, client-oriented approach with strong verbal and written;
- Communication skills and ability to collaborate with internal and external parties to meet deadlines and resolve issues;
- Outstanding organization, prioritization, and attention to detail;
- Ability to remain poised in a deadline-driven environment;
- Direct fund administration experience, exposure to private equity, credit, and real estate funds and concepts a plus; and
- CPA or CPA eligibility a plus.
Alter Domus is an Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Amanda Donohue, Senior Manager, Cork
Think ahead to five years’ time and where you would like to see yourself. That’s what I did and Alter Domus offered me the right path.
Aristidis Halikias, Managing Director, Chicago
Many might think that the financial services industry is primarily numbers and math, but I believe we are a people business. The people at Alter Domus make it what it is, and we have some of the best in the entire industry.
Carla Walmsley, Senior Manager, Jersey
Alter Domus were fully supportive through my studying path, providing study support in the way of study fees and study leave, as well as some flexible working towards nearer each exam to help me manage with work/life (and exam!) balance.
Shania Galea, Corporate Services Officer, Malta
As a junior, I learn a lot from all colleagues around me. In addition, the AD Academy keeps on providing us with all the training we need.