Chicago, United States
September 22 2022
IMPL-PM - Implementation Project Manager
Position: Implementation Project Manager (Senior Officer)
Location: Chicago, Indianapolis or remote
The Implementation team plays the critical role of project management and onboarding new funds across various Fund Administration product lines. Alter Domus’ team members are fluent in fund accounting lifecycle, investor servicing, and on-boarding protocols. This role requires the highest levels of teamwork, organization, and attention to detail; but above all, as the first impression to our new clients, demands the highest levels of professionalism, responsiveness, and poise to excel in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, multi-component environment. This person will have the opportunity to work as a project manager in an entrepreneurial and evolving work environment.
Primary Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Lead implementation of new clients to Alter Domus servicing suite. Primary responsibilities include coordinating internal and client meetings, drafting Agendas, Meeting Recaps, and Project Plans for client transparency.
- Understand processes and utilize content knowledge to create, update, and hand-off trackers and plans
- Drive discovery and planning meetings to build accurate project and governance plans for clients
- Ensure timely and accurate updates of dashboards, analyze processes and draft workflows as needed
- Exemplify communication skills to confidently interact with internal accountants, service teams, and external clients
- Research on-boarding set-up protocols when needed & assist with refreshing project management templates
- Exude a ‘can-do’ attitude and be comfortable working amongst moving priorities to meet aggressive deliverable timelines while working independently as well as collaboratively
- Understands basic business functions and how they interact within the larger business picture
- Portray professionalism, exceptional attention to detail, and a positive attitude
- Showcase flexibility, adaptability to change, ability to manage ambiguity, and create processes
- Strong attention to content and detail
Desired Experience, Education & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 4 years’ work experience in accounting, client service, or financial services; and experience managing end to end processes and implementations.
- Ability to provide proactive, well-organized, and clear reports to management to illustrate project progress according to plan
- Diplomatic and results-driven communication style
- Proven experience building client relationships and managing and communicating with demanding clients
- Strong project management, organization, communication, and teamworking skills to meet deliverable deadlines
- Strong Microsoft Office Knowledge (Excel, Word, PPT, etc.)
- Project Management Professional (PMP) designation or equivalent is a plus
- Smartsheet experience is a plus
- Able to excel in a deadline driven, intense environment while maintaining poise and attention to detail
Amanda Donohue, Senior Manager, Cork
Think ahead to five years’ time and where you would like to see yourself. That’s what I did and Alter Domus offered me the right path.
Aristidis Halikias, Managing Director, Chicago
Many might think that the financial services industry is primarily numbers and math, but I believe we are a people business. The people at Alter Domus make it what it is, and we have some of the best in the entire industry.
Carla Walmsley, Senior Manager, Jersey
Alter Domus were fully supportive through my studying path, providing study support in the way of study fees and study leave, as well as some flexible working towards nearer each exam to help me manage with work/life (and exam!) balance.
Shania Galea, Corporate Services Officer, Malta
As a junior, I learn a lot from all colleagues around me. In addition, the AD Academy keeps on providing us with all the training we need.