Chicago, United States; Boston, United States; Carmel, United States
March 09 2023
Debt Capital Market
Debt Capital Markets
Discover the future of debt capital markets. We’re experts at adapting and innovating in this growing field. You’ll develop new depths of experience in custody and treasury management, agency services, loan trade settlement and loan administration.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out these top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Our culture is unlike anywhere else. We are proud of what we have built so far – even as we continue to push our boundaries, to ensure our success in the future. Our environment is powered by a unique set of values and one deliberate mission. To perform, together. By harnessing technology and the collective intelligence of our people, we make the investment management process run smoother: transparent, data led decision making on a global scale. We are The Alternative.
Flexible Working Hours
Competitive packages with extra benefits depending on location
Extra days depending on location and birthday leave
Senior Associate - Loan Agency
We are Alter Domus. Our name means “The Other House” and we’re a world leading provider of integrated solutions for the alternative investment industry. We believe in being different. Here, you progress on merit, not who you know. You speak openly, whoever you’re speaking to. And it’s your freedom to decide which cutting-edge kind of finance professional you want to be. Join more than 4,100 fund administration, accounting, tax, loan administration and legal experts worldwide and take pride in being alternative.
Alter Domus clients include the world’s leading asset managers, lenders and asset owners. We’re specialists who use the most innovative technologies to create unparalleled solutions for the private equity, real assets and debt capital markets sectors. This is where standout talent advances what’s possible in fund administration, corporate services, depositary services, transfer pricing, domiciliation, management company services, loan administration, agency services, trade settlement and CLO manager services.
- Act as a primary owner of assigned deals.
- Work with Loan Agency support staff to manage and communicate deal information to the borrower and lending group.
- Review and negotiate administrative issues within credit agreements.
- Oversee the maintenance of the agency system to reflect attributes of each credit agreement and related governing documents.
- Oversee the calculation, invoicing, and disbursement of all deal-related fees; Assume responsibility for the coordination of funds movement related to initial funding and closing, managing closings for lenders, transferring positions by assignment, and working closely with the borrower and lending group.
- Oversee ongoing maintenance of facility commitments and processing of loan/facility-related activity, including rollovers, rate settings, conversions, prepayments, assignments, amendments, waivers, et cetera0
- Oversee accurate and timely collection and disbursement of interest/principal/fee payments to lenders.
- Ensure collection of new borrowings from lenders and disbursement to borrower.
- Act as senior liaison between borrowers and lenders, ensuring compliance with the terms of the credit agreement and other governing documents.
- Maintain expert knowledge of all relevant portfolios and deal-related documentation.
- Train and coach support staff on the life cycle of a loan, deal documentation, industry standards, and professional communication and execution of client workflow deliverables.
- Exhibit an elevated level of professionalism and a client-focused approach that is responsive, proactive, accountable, and reliable, adjusting communication appropriately for various levels and parties.
- Work in a dynamic team environment and participate in strategic initiatives, identifying and implementing best practices and operational efficiencies.
- Use judgment, interpretation, and problem-solving skills to understand loan information to successfully resolve exceptions.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business, or economics (or commensurate work experience).
- 3+ years of investment management operations experience or bank loan agency/syndication experience.
- Ability to quickly learn new concepts and independently research and resolve issues.
- Ability to collaborate with internal groups and external clients.
- Strong verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to excel in a deadline-driven environment.
- Excellent organizational skills with exceptional attention to detail and follow-through.
- Demonstrated analytic skills, strong working knowledge of fundamental financial/accounting/business concepts, and a proactive interest in learning and mastering new concepts.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills and experience.
- Knowledge or familiarity with Bloomberg, performance systems, and other loan research and analysis tools.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Alter Domus provides a sophisticated, diverse, and global work environment with prominent clients. We will take your ambitions and talents to the next level while giving you the resources and support you need to succeed.
Here are some of the benefits we provide:
- 401(k) savings plan with 100% employer match up to 6%
- Flexible paid time off from 27-35 days paid off per year, depending on your level
- 11 paid holidays
- Paid birthday off
- Generous parental leave for both parents
- Health care coverage for as little as $25 per month
- Flexible Hybrid working environment
- Comprehensive training through our acADemy training program
- Dedicated people manager and coach focused on your career
Alter Domus is an Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Hear from the team
"Alter Domus prides itself on giving individuals the opportunity to grow personally, professionally, and more specifically for myself in a leadership capacity. From when I started, I have been grateful to have the support of management and a strong leadership team around me.
Alter Domus has a very diverse workforce with an abundance of rich experience, and individuals have the freedom to engage with leadership and management teams at all ends of the spectrum."
Mohammad Khan, Associate Director - Debt Capital Markets, North America