Chicago, United States; Boston, United States; Carmel, United States
October 26 2022
Senior Business Analyst
We are Alter Domus. Our name means “The Other House” and we’re a world leading provider of integrated solutions for the alternative investment industry. We believe in being different. Here, you progress on merit, not who you know. You speak openly, whoever you’re speaking to. And it’s your freedom to decide which cutting-edge kind of finance professional you want to be. Join more than 4,100 fund administration, accounting, tax, loan administration and legal experts worldwide and take pride in being alternative. Alter Domus clients include the world’s leading asset managers, lenders and asset owners. We’re specialists who use the most innovative technologies to create unparalleled solutions for the private equity, real assets and debt capital markets sectors. This is where standout talent advances what’s possible in fund administration, corporate services, depositary services, transfer pricing, domiciliation, management company services, loan administration, agency services, trade settlement and CLO manager services.
We are currently looking to add a Senior Business Analyst to our talented VBO team, where you will help build the next generation of fund administration software. This role will work directly with business users and software engineers to deliver client facing solutions in a fast-paced environment. Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, as well as versatility in juggling multiple tasks and projects concurrently, are essential. A successful candidate will be a self-starter and quick learner, capable of grasping new concepts quickly, who can consistently deliver quality results in a client-focused, team-based culture. This is a hybrid role to be based out of our Chicago (IL), Carmel (IN), or Boston (MA) offices.
- Apply your exceptional fund accounting expertise to optimize efficiencies for our global user base;
- Work directly with our technology team to investigate and resolve complex accounting and reporting issues;
- Model accounting calculations and present, break down for developers;
- Lead new business requirements for ongoing improvements to the accounting and reporting platform;
- Use your accounting and operations experience to identify and drive operational improvements through applied technology solutions;
- Keep projects on budget and on time;
- Apply basic technology skills to analyze and troubleshoot system issues; and
- Test new features and support our quality control team on documenting test plans
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 10+ years of accounting, fund administration experience
- Exposure to hedge funds, private equity, and credit funds
- Proactive learning style, highly inquisitive and curious attitude, and excellent track-record of solving complex problems with focus and determination
- Strong aptitude for numbers and auditing
- Curiosity about technology and enjoys working with both business and technology professionals
- Highly capable of working both independently and collaboratively within a dynamic team environment
- Experience acting as a liaison or interface between business users and technology team is preferred
- Basic technology skills such as T-SQL, VO macros, and advanced Excel modeling a plus
- CPA a plus.
Independent and possessing more than fifteen years’ experience in its field, Alter Domus has become a leader in corporate and management services for private equity & infrastructure and real estate funds as well as listed and unlisted companies. Our global staff of over 4,000 people also provides fund administration and financial reporting services. We mentor and develop our employees’ technical knowledge and practical skills. We also champion commitment and a customer-oriented mindset.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Alter Domus offers a competitive, comprehensive benefits package including a generous vacation policy, a diverse work environment, and strong global connections. As you collaborate with colleagues in our fast-paced environment, you will gain exposure to demanding and stimulating experiences that you will take with you as your career progresses. We provide a sophisticated work environment with prominent clients that will take your ambitions and talents to the next level and give you the resources and support you need to succeed.
For more information, please visit: www.alterdomus.com.
Alter Domus is an Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Amanda Donohue, Senior Manager, Cork
Think ahead to five years’ time and where you would like to see yourself. That’s what I did and Alter Domus offered me the right path.
Aristidis Halikias, Managing Director, Chicago
Many might think that the financial services industry is primarily numbers and math, but I believe we are a people business. The people at Alter Domus make it what it is, and we have some of the best in the entire industry.
Carla Walmsley, Senior Manager, Jersey
Alter Domus were fully supportive through my studying path, providing study support in the way of study fees and study leave, as well as some flexible working towards nearer each exam to help me manage with work/life (and exam!) balance.
Shania Galea, Corporate Services Officer, Malta
As a junior, I learn a lot from all colleagues around me. In addition, the AD Academy keeps on providing us with all the training we need.