Chicago, United States; Boston, United States; Brea, United States; Carmel, United States; Salt Lake City, United States
August 23 2022
Software Engineering Manager
Alter Domus is currently seeking a Software Engineering Manager to join our talented tech team in North America. We prefer candidates be located in/near Chicago, IL or Carmel, IN, however we can consider candidates located nationwide. This can be a hybrid -or- full remote position, depending on the candidate’s location.
- Design, develop, and maintain .Net proprietary and client-facing Web applications
- Define product requirements and create high-level architectural specifications
- Responsible for development deliverables of high risk/high complexity solution prototypes and scaling-up of prototypes into enterprise applications
- Provide support to the business analyst/delivery lead, and other project team members, during functional requirements definition to ensure that functionality is achievable and feasible
- Conduct effective code and architecture reviews. Ensure that the architecture achieves the desired quality attributes such as security, scalability, performance, and resilience
- Provide strategic and tactical direction to the product/technology’s systems development team, making assertions about technology directions and determining their consequences for the technical strategy and hence architectural approach
- Work closely with the development team to ensure the software design and implementation meets compliant pre-defined patterns, architectural goals and quality standards
- Work as part of the development team to contribute in development deliverables to meet project deadlines and requirement functionality expectations
- Define, maintain, and refine continuous integration; perform as a focal point of expertise on key technologies or skills
- Contribute to key platform decisions, strategy and business case preparation that supports business product goals & objectives
- 10+ years of professional software development experience. Experience working in the Financial Services industry is highly preferred.
- Full-stack developer with relevant experience designing and building large-scale enterprise applications
- Experience leading teams and promoting a high-performance culture
- Strong in Angular, C#, SQL, and Azure
- Expert full Microsoft stack competencies with focus on .Net Framework and .Net Core
- Experience in leading system and software design and development
- Experience with agile software development lifecycle methodologies
- Highly motivated with a strong sense of commitment and teamwork
- Highly analytical and strong problem-solving skills
We are Alter Domus. Our name means “The Other House” and we’re a world leading provider of integrated solutions for the alternative investment industry. We believe in being different. Here, you progress on merit, not who you know. You speak openly, whoever you’re speaking to. And it’s your freedom to decide which cutting-edge kind of finance professional you want to be. Join more than 3,600 fund administration, accounting, tax, loan administration and legal experts worldwide and take pride in being alternative.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Alter Domus offers a competitive, comprehensive benefits package including a generous vacation policy, a diverse work environment, and strong global connections. As you collaborate with colleagues in our fast-paced environment, you will gain exposure to demanding and stimulating experiences that you will take with you as your career progresses. We provide a sophisticated work environment with prominent clients that will take your ambitions and talents to the next level and give you the resources and support you need to succeed.
Alter Domus is an Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Amanda Donohue, Senior Manager, Cork
Think ahead to five years’ time and where you would like to see yourself. That’s what I did and Alter Domus offered me the right path.
Aristidis Halikias, Managing Director, Chicago
Many might think that the financial services industry is primarily numbers and math, but I believe we are a people business. The people at Alter Domus make it what it is, and we have some of the best in the entire industry.
Carla Walmsley, Senior Manager, Jersey
Alter Domus were fully supportive through my studying path, providing study support in the way of study fees and study leave, as well as some flexible working towards nearer each exam to help me manage with work/life (and exam!) balance.
Shania Galea, Corporate Services Officer, Malta
As a junior, I learn a lot from all colleagues around me. In addition, the AD Academy keeps on providing us with all the training we need.