September 14 2022
We are Alter Domus. Our name means “The Other House” and we’re a world leading provider of integrated solutions for the alternative investment industry. We believe in being different. Here, you progress on merit, not who you know. You speak openly, whoever you’re speaking to. And it’s your freedom to decide which cutting-edge kind of finance professional you want to be. Join more than 3,600 fund administration, accounting, tax, loan administration and legal experts worldwide and take pride in being alternative.
Alter Domus clients include the world’s leading asset managers, lenders and asset owners. We’re specialists who use the most innovative technologies to create unparalleled solutions for the private equity, real assets and debt capital markets sectors. This is where standout talent advances what’s possible in fund administration, corporate services, depositary services, transfer pricing, domiciliation, management company services, loan administration, agency services, trade settlement and CLO manager services.
At Alter Domus we attract, grow, and develop Alternative Thinkers. The Alter Domus Academy helps our people to be their professional best, to become Alternative Thinkers. The Academy team is expanding, and we are looking for an L&D Partner who shares our passion for developing people.
The L&D Partner in EMEA will facilitate in person and virtual sessions for global programs related to Onboarding, Technical and Professional Skills. The Funds Technical Curriculum will be the focus area – the L& Partner will drive the design, development, and deployment of new programs related to technical training; as well as review and maintenance of the curriculum.
The key responsibilities of the L&D Partner are to:
• Partner with subject-matter experts and stakeholders in assigned business unit to identify learning needs, create onboarding and technical training content.
• Facilitate high-impact, interactive in-person, and virtual sessions.
• Develop and lead training projects: provide clear timelines through all project phases, communicate with key partners and stakeholders, and set proper measurement for successful implementation.
• Review, update, and improve current training content to reflect changes, updates to learning paths, and system releases.
• Develop professional and collaborative relationships with Academy team members, Human Resources Business Partners, business unit leaders, and subject matter experts.
Experience and Attributes
Preferred industry experience and professional attributes include:
• At least 3 years of work experience in financial services /funds/corporate services/accounting is required.
• Experience in the development and facilitation of training is preferred
• Ability to work effectively and efficiently under pressure.
• Outstanding oral and written communication skills, including the ability to tailor your message to the audience (trainees, department heads, vendors, etc.).
• Bachelor’s degree in Education, Communications, or a similar field is a plus.
• Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to multitask effectively.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
• Excellent interpersonal skills - approachable with a customer service mindset.
Amanda Donohue, Senior Manager, Cork
Think ahead to five years’ time and where you would like to see yourself. That’s what I did and Alter Domus offered me the right path.
Aristidis Halikias, Managing Director, Chicago
Many might think that the financial services industry is primarily numbers and math, but I believe we are a people business. The people at Alter Domus make it what it is, and we have some of the best in the entire industry.
Carla Walmsley, Senior Manager, Jersey
Alter Domus were fully supportive through my studying path, providing study support in the way of study fees and study leave, as well as some flexible working towards nearer each exam to help me manage with work/life (and exam!) balance.
Shania Galea, Corporate Services Officer, Malta
As a junior, I learn a lot from all colleagues around me. In addition, the AD Academy keeps on providing us with all the training we need.