Cork, Ireland; Dublin, Ireland; Vilnius, Lithuania
September 28 2022
Application Support Manager
Alter Domus currently has an exciting opportunity to join us as an Application Support Manager based in Ireland, Luxembourg or Vilnius. In charge of the support & delivery of a portfolio made of custom applications, third party and SaaS solutions, the Application Support Manager will be working hand in hand with the Applications owners of those applications and their business counterparts.
- Manage a team of 6 Application Support Engineers
- Lead to address and resolve application issues, provide updates and perform root cause analysis
- Perform monitoring, tuning and optimization of in-house IT applications as well as third party software while ensuring maximum availability and service to customers
- Coordinate with the software development team, internal users, and clients to improve application performance.
- Organize and manage automated deployment and troubleshooting of various client applications
- Support and mentor team members by providing advice and coaching
- Identify and provide resolutions to our most complex problems
- Ensure and lead front-end and back-end functionality of application support
- Manage and Review documentation process and monitor application performance metrics
- Manage and Review KPI on Day to Day Support, proposing improvements
- Effectively communicate with Product Owners to propose improvements on the existing applications
- Perform various duties required for the daily support of all assigned production applications and supporting systems
- Exchange with business, either over the telephone or by email, to help them about issues or requests and to solicit feedbacks to assess whether their requirements are met
- Provide second and third line support and expertise / training to the first and second line support
- Coordinate collection of evidences in the context of audits
- More than 7 Years of Experience in Apps support/delivery role, leading a team of support engineers
- Hands on experience in supporting a variety of applications developed internally or implemented in a Microsoft environment (.NET, Web\ISS, Windows Services, SQL Server...)
- Ability to plan and organize workload
- Experience with people management
- Highly assertive communications skills, commanding personality. Ability to engage a large audience and lead the discussion with clear, articulate, and highly assertive communication. Must show confidence in all communications
- Effectively share information with other support team members and with other technology teams
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate appropriately to relevant stakeholders
- Good understanding of ITIL
We are Alter Domus. Our name means “The Other House” and we’re a world leading provider of integrated solutions for the alternative investment industry. We believe in being different. Here, you progress on merit, not who you know. You speak openly, whoever you’re speaking to. And it’s your freedom to decide which cutting-edge kind of finance professional you want to be. Join more than 4,000 fund administration, accounting, tax, loan administration and legal experts worldwide and take pride in being alternative.
Alter Domus clients include the world’s leading asset managers, lenders and asset owners. We’re specialists who use the most innovative technologies to create unparalleled solutions for the private equity, real assets and debt capital markets sectors. This is where standout talent advances what’s possible in fund administration, corporate services, depositary services, transfer pricing, domiciliation, management company services, loan administration, agency services, trade settlement and CLO manager services.
Amanda Donohue, Senior Manager, Cork
Think ahead to five years’ time and where you would like to see yourself. That’s what I did and Alter Domus offered me the right path.
Aristidis Halikias, Managing Director, Chicago
Many might think that the financial services industry is primarily numbers and math, but I believe we are a people business. The people at Alter Domus make it what it is, and we have some of the best in the entire industry.
Carla Walmsley, Senior Manager, Jersey
Alter Domus were fully supportive through my studying path, providing study support in the way of study fees and study leave, as well as some flexible working towards nearer each exam to help me manage with work/life (and exam!) balance.
Shania Galea, Corporate Services Officer, Malta
As a junior, I learn a lot from all colleagues around me. In addition, the AD Academy keeps on providing us with all the training we need.