Cork, Ireland; Dublin, Ireland
February 23 2023
Alter Domus is currently seeking a new Release Engineer to join our Technology team.
- Configure and deploy application updates to non-Production and Production environments.
- Establish release management success metrics and key performance indicators.
- Advocate for release engineering standards.
- Develop more reliable, efficient, and cost-effective Configuration Management processes.
- Help cross-project planning to oversee dependencies and solve conflicts.
- Coordinating with QA engineers on approved pull requests and deployment timing
- Coordinating activities related to release with dependencies, database migrations, and builds
- Post deployment support and monitoring
- Scheduling deploys during business hours and after hours, as needed
- Recommending and facilitating changes to CI/CD pipeline as appropriate.
- Ensure appropriate operational service documentation is created and accepted by stakeholders prior to the introduction of a new service.
- Develop service readiness and risk plan and ensure that transition risks are identified and mitigated.
- Be the Process Owner of Release Management ensuring the policy and processes are adhered to in the release of all changes into the production environment.
- Agree the content and roll-out plan for every release, through liaison with Change Management.
- Ensure Runbook is being maintained by the engineering team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field and 3-4+ years’ related experience OR High School Diploma and 6+ years’ related experience.
- Proficient at modern approaches in project management methodologies, such as AGILE, SCRUM, etc.
- Experience with Azure DevOps, Jenkins or equivalent DevOps tooling
- Expert in branch conflict resolution.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills including excellent verbal and written ability.
- 2+ years of release management experience
- Experience with SDLC and release best practices
- Experience using Git or other source code management tools
- Experience with deployments, CI/CD tools and comfortable with database migrations
- Experience with AWS and Azure Devops
ABOUT ALTER DOMUS:
We are Alter Domus. Our name means “The Other House” and we’re a world leading provider of integrated solutions for the alternative investment industry. We believe in being different. Here, you progress on merit, not who you know. You speak openly, whoever you’re speaking to. And it’s your freedom to decide which cutting-edge kind of finance professional you want to be. Join more than 4,000 fund administration, accounting, tax, loan administration and legal experts worldwide and take pride in being alternative.
Alter Domus clients include the world’s leading asset managers, lenders and asset owners. We’re specialists who use the most innovative technologies to create unparalleled solutions for the private equity, real assets and debt capital markets sectors. This is where standout talent advances what’s possible in fund administration, corporate services, depositary services, transfer pricing, domiciliation, management company services, loan administration, agency services, trade settlement and CLO manager services.
Amanda Donohue, Senior Manager, Cork
Think ahead to five years’ time and where you would like to see yourself. That’s what I did and Alter Domus offered me the right path.
Aristidis Halikias, Managing Director, Chicago
Many might think that the financial services industry is primarily numbers and math, but I believe we are a people business. The people at Alter Domus make it what it is, and we have some of the best in the entire industry.
Carla Walmsley, Senior Manager, Jersey
Alter Domus were fully supportive through my studying path, providing study support in the way of study fees and study leave, as well as some flexible working towards nearer each exam to help me manage with work/life (and exam!) balance.
Shania Galea, Corporate Services Officer, Malta
As a junior, I learn a lot from all colleagues around me. In addition, the AD Academy keeps on providing us with all the training we need.