Cork, Ireland; Dublin, Ireland; Vilnius, Lithuania
November 16 2022
Senior Business Analyst
We are Alter Domus. Our name means “The Other House” and we’re a world leading provider of integrated solutions for the alternative investment industry. We believe in being different. Here, you progress on merit, not who you know. You speak openly, whoever you’re speaking to. And it’s your freedom to decide which cutting-edge kind of finance professional you want to be. Join more than 4,000 fund administration, accounting, tax, loan administration, tech, and legal experts worldwide and take pride in being alternative. Alter Domus clients include the world’s leading asset managers, lenders, and asset owners. We’re specialists who use the most innovative technologies to create unparalleled solutions for the private equity, real assets and debt capital markets sectors. This is where standout talent advances what’s possible in fund administration, corporate services, depositary services, transfer pricing, domiciliation, management company services, loan administration, agency services, trade settlement and CLO manager services.
We are currently seeking a new Senior Business Analyst to join our CorPro web portal team and play a key role in digital transformation at Alter Domus. This role will work directly with business users and software engineers to deliver client facing solutions in a fast-paced environment. Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, as well as versatility at juggling multiple tasks and projects concurrently is essential. A successful candidate will be a self-starter and quick learner; capable of grasping new concepts quickly; and consistently deliver quality results in a client-focused, team-based culture.
• Responsible for delivering best-in-class web solutions on the CorPro platform, contributing to the roadmap, and working with stakeholders and the technical team to continuously groom the features backlog
• Lead discovery & requirements gathering with internal and external clients, articulating web portal solutions to solve business challenges and capitalize on opportunities for innovative change
• Identify and drive operational improvements through applied technology solutions and the digitalization of off-system processes
• Collaborate with a UX designer throughout the process to ensure user centered design principles are followed
• Translate requirements into technical specifications and collaborate with the engineering team to during the development process to clarify requirements and drive the delivery of solutions
• Work with business owners to secure user acceptance and support business operations during and after implementation
• Champion and advocate use of online web applications to deliver maximum value for clients, their investors and Alter Domus staff
• Explore opportunities to continuously improve & measure adoption of web applications
• Stay current with new methodologies such as Agile development
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Finance, Accounting or related field preferred
• Experience with Power BI is strongly preferred
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong requirement gathering skills (Elicitation Techniques, Workshopping, Brainstorming, Visual Models)
• A desire and ability to efficiently learn new technology and business concepts is required
• Experience or strong interest in financial technology solutions
• Strong communication and collaboration skills; commitment to a client-focused, solutions-oriented approach
• Clear, concise technical and professional writing skills; experience writing technical business requirements
• Strong organization and time-management skills; sense of urgency to meet deadlines, while maintaining a high level of attention to detail and quality work product
• Basic technology skills such as T-SQL, VBA macros, and advanced Excel modeling a plus
• Working knowledge of other technology or programming experience a plus
Independent and possessing more than fifteen years’ experience in its field, Alter Domus has become a leader in corporate and management services for private equity & infrastructure and real estate funds as well as listed and unlisted companies. Our global staff also provides fund administration and financial reporting services. We mentor and develop our employees’ technical knowledge and practical skills. We also champion commitment and a customer-oriented mindset.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Alter Domus offers a competitive, comprehensive benefits package including a generous vacation policy, a diverse work environment, and strong global connections. As you collaborate with colleagues in our fast-paced environment, you will gain exposure to demanding and stimulating experiences that you will take with you as your career progresses. We provide a sophisticated work environment with prominent clients that will take your ambitions and talents to the next level and give you the resources and support you need to succeed.
For more information, please visit: www.alterdomus.com.
Alter Domus is an Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Amanda Donohue, Senior Manager, Cork
Think ahead to five years’ time and where you would like to see yourself. That’s what I did and Alter Domus offered me the right path.
Aristidis Halikias, Managing Director, Chicago
Many might think that the financial services industry is primarily numbers and math, but I believe we are a people business. The people at Alter Domus make it what it is, and we have some of the best in the entire industry.
Carla Walmsley, Senior Manager, Jersey
Alter Domus were fully supportive through my studying path, providing study support in the way of study fees and study leave, as well as some flexible working towards nearer each exam to help me manage with work/life (and exam!) balance.
Shania Galea, Corporate Services Officer, Malta
As a junior, I learn a lot from all colleagues around me. In addition, the AD Academy keeps on providing us with all the training we need.