What makes a successful member of our team? Check out these top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Our culture is unlike anywhere else. We are proud of what we have built so far – even as we continue to push our boundaries, to ensure our success in the future. Our environment is powered by a unique set of values and one deliberate mission. To perform, together. By harnessing technology and the collective intelligence of our people, we make the investment management process run smoother: transparent, data led decision making on a global scale. We are The Alternative.
Flexible Working Hours
Competitive packages with extra benefits depending on location
Extra days depending on location and birthday leave
SFA - Senior Fund Accountant
Senior Fund Accountant (Private Equity)
Location: Darien, CT
Alter Domus is currently seeking a new Senior Fund Accountant to join our Private Equity Fund Administration team in Darien, CT.
- Review daily cash contributions and distributions for investment fund clients;
- Inquire about cash and journal entries;
- Participate in quarterly and annual audit functions;
- Assist with open items list and auditor communications;
- Regular communication with client responding and coordinating response to inquiries in a timely manner and sense of urgency; and
- Understand the governing agreements between Alter Domus and the client.
- Accounting degree with high-quality grades;
- 2 to 5 years’ experience with at least 2 of those years with a Big 4 otherwise public accounting firm performing audits on private equity or hedge funds;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Solid understanding of different types of investments: equity, debt, co-invest and FoF;
- Keen attention to detail and critical thinking skills;
- Ability to multitask, working both independently and as part of a team with professionals at all levels;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel; and
- CPA, or intention to obtain CPA, preferred.
Independent and possessing more than fifteen years’ experience in its field, Alter Domus has become a leader in corporate and management services for private equity & infrastructure and real estate funds as well as listed and unlisted companies. Our staff of over 2,000 people also provides fund administration and financial reporting services. We mentor and develop our employees’ technical knowledge and practical skills. We also champion commitment and a customer-oriented mindset.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Alter Domus offers a competitive, comprehensive benefits package including a generous vacation policy, a diverse work environment, and strong global connections. As you collaborate with colleagues in our fast-paced environment, you will gain exposure to demanding and stimulating experiences that you will take with you as your career progresses. We provide a sophisticated work environment with prominent clients that will take your ambitions and talents to the next level and give you the resources and support you need to succeed.
For more information, please visit: www.alterdomus.com.
Alter Domus is an Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Hear from the team
"Alter Domus were fully supportive through my studying path, providing study support in the way of study fees and study leave, as well as some flexible working towards nearer each exam to help me manage with work/life (and exam!) balance.
Carla Walmsley, Senior Manager - Fund Services, Jersey