Dublin, Ireland; Cork, Ireland; Vilnius, Lithuania
March 04 2024
Security Operations Manager
We are Alter Domus. Meaning “The Other House” in Latin, Alter Domus is proud to be home to 85% of the top 30 asset managers in the alternatives industry, and more than 5,000 professionals across 23 countries.
With a deep understanding of what it takes to succeed in alternatives, we believe in being different. Invest yourself in the alternative, and join an organization where you progress on merit, where you can speak openly with whoever you are speaking to, and where you will be supported along whichever path you choose to take.
Find out more about life at Alter Domus at careers.alterdomus.com
Alter Domus is seeking a Security Operations Manager to join its Group Information Security team. This position will be a vital leader responsible for designing and implementing standard operating procedures for threat remediation with the support of our third-party SOC monitoring. As the team leader, the applicant will be responsible for establishing and maintaining a framework for incident triage, incident response, security monitoring & reporting, and supporting security projects in collaboration with other internal teams and vendors.
- Lead the security team’s daily operations including task management, escalations, vulnerability management, and remediation tracking.
- Managing timely responses to security incidents and requests.
- Develop and document standard operating procedures for common tasks.
- Establish and oversee security incident response procedures.
- Implement and manage security monitoring and alerting systems to proactively identify potential threats and vulnerabilities.
- Enforce security policies and procedures to protect the organization’s assets and data.
- Assist with assurance inspections & governance tasks performed by the Information Security team.
- Work directly with Managed Service Providers to document escalation and remediation procedures as well as regularly monitor Service Level Agreements.
- Evaluate security tools such as antimalware, EDR, IDS/IPS, SIEM, WAF, and PAM solutions and oversee their implementation and maintenance.
- Oversee the training of Security Analysts and Officers.
- Develop operational KPI reports used to drive more effective processes.
- Provide regular updates and reports to management.
- 5-8 years of experience in the security industry.
- 2 years of managing a team focused on detecting, troubleshooting, and mitigating threats.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with crisis or incident management.
- Strong understanding of IT processes and controls such as access management, change management, and IT operations.
- Excellent communication skills.
Alter Domus offers a competitive, comprehensive benefits package including a generous vacation policy, a diverse work environment, and strong global connections. As you collaborate with colleagues in our fast-paced environment, you will gain exposure to demanding and stimulating experiences that you will take with you as your career progresses. We provide a sophisticated work environment with prominent clients that will take your ambitions and talents to the next level and give you the resources and support you need to succeed.
WHAT WE OFFER:
We are committed to supporting your development, advancing your career, and providing benefits that matter to you.
Our industry-leading Alter Domus Academy offers six learning zones for every stage of your career, with resources tailored to your ambitions and resources from LinkedIn Learning.
Our global benefits also include:
- Support for professional accreditations such as ACCA and study leave
- Flexible arrangements, generous holidays, birthday leave and graduation leave
- Continuous mentoring along your career progression
- Active sports, events and social committees across our offices
- Support with mental, physical, emotional and financial support 24/7 from our Employee Assistance Program
- The opportunity to invest in our growth and success through our Employee Share Plan
- Plus additional local benefits depending on your location
Equity in every sense of the word
We are in the business of equity, in every sense of the word. For us, this means taking action to ensure every colleague has equal opportunity, valuing every voice and experience across our organisation, maintaining an inclusive culture where you can bring your whole self to work, and making Alter Domus a workplace where everyone feels they belong.
We celebrate our differences, and understand that our success relies on diverse perspectives and experiences, working towards shared goals and a common purpose. Thanks to the work of our Group DE&I Committee and network of DE&I Champions, we empower all of our people to be truly invested in the alternative.
We are committed to ensuring an inclusive recruiting and onboarding process. Please contact our hiring team if you require any accommodations to make our recruitment process more accessible for you.
Amanda Donohue, Senior Manager, Cork
Think ahead to five years’ time and where you would like to see yourself. That’s what I did and Alter Domus offered me the right path.
Aristidis Halikias, Managing Director, Chicago
Many might think that the financial services industry is primarily numbers and math, but I believe we are a people business. The people at Alter Domus make it what it is, and we have some of the best in the entire industry.
Carla Walmsley, Senior Manager, Jersey
Alter Domus were fully supportive through my studying path, providing study support in the way of study fees and study leave, as well as some flexible working towards nearer each exam to help me manage with work/life (and exam!) balance.
Shania Galea, Corporate Services Officer, Malta
As a junior, I learn a lot from all colleagues around me. In addition, the AD Academy keeps on providing us with all the training we need.