What makes a successful member of our team? Check out these top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Our culture is unlike anywhere else. We are proud of what we have built so far – even as we continue to push our boundaries, to ensure our success in the future. Our environment is powered by a unique set of values and one deliberate mission. To perform, together. By harnessing technology and the collective intelligence of our people, we make the investment management process run smoother: transparent, data led decision making on a global scale. We are The Alternative.
Flexible Working Hours
Competitive packages with extra benefits depending on location
Extra days depending on location and birthday leave
Company Secretarial Senior Officer
We are Alter Domus. Our name means “The Other House” and we’re a world leading provider of integrated solutions for the alternative investment industry. We believe in being different. Here, you progress on merit, not who you know. You speak openly, whoever you’re speaking to. And it’s your freedom to decide which cutting-edge kind of finance professional you want to be. Join more than 4,000 fund administration, accounting, tax, loan administration and legal experts worldwide and take pride in being alternative.
Alter Domus clients include the world’s leading asset managers, lenders and asset owners. We’re specialists who use the most innovative technologies to create unparalleled solutions for the private equity, real assets and debt capital markets sectors. This is where standout talent advances what’s possible in fund administration, corporate services, depositary services, transfer pricing, domiciliation, management company services, loan administration, agency services, trade settlement and CLO manager services.
- You will have day to day responsibility for the Corporate Governance, Board Management and Company Secretarial services for a portfolio of regulated and unregulated entities including funds, feeder vehicles general partners and holding companies, and will act as one of the main liaison and points of contact for these matters relating to the client; and
- You will be an important link between management through to junior staff, responsible for and knowledgeable about the quality of the work carried out for your clients. You will review work produced for submission to directors and senior management; and
- Work in conjunction with other members of the Team in providing on the job training to ensure a comprehensive Company Secretarial Service; and
- While employed as a Senior Officer you will be required to attend training to enhance your skills and learn new ones as well.
- Interaction with clients, board members, third party intermediaries such as banks, lawyers, accountants and tax advisors both in person and via written or telephone communication; and
- Preparing for board and shareholders' meetings, including drafting of agenda, preparation of board papers, attending meetings as a representative of Alter Domus Guernsey in its capacity as Company Secretary producing minutes and action point schedules; and
- Ensuring compliance with the GFSC’s Code of Corporate Governance where appropriate; and
- Maintenance of statutory records for entities and ensuring filing requirements are met; and
- Review, circulation and completion of transaction documentation; and
- Support the fund administration team in respect of investor servicing, client on-boarding, investment transactions, draw downs, distributions and other administrative activities; and
- When required, assisting with the preparation, collation and ongoing monitoring of Know Your Customer / Client Due Diligence and promoter / corporate files; and
- Attend industry and networking events to represent Alter Domus thus creating and strengthening relationships; and
- Liaise with the Financial Reporting teams for year end and interim accounts for sign off by the Boards; and
- Facilitate the execution of all client legal documentation; and
- Have a passion for your role and for building successful client and Board relationships through teamwork and high standards of service; and
- Hold a relevant professional qualification or be working towards one; and
- Effective organisation skills with the ability to prioritise tasks, work to deadlines and be able to take initiative to act without waiting for direction where appropriate; and
- Be ambitious, a good communicator with a high level of energy and commitment; and
- Demonstrate the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines when asked.
Hear from the team
"Alter Domus were fully supportive through my studying path, providing study support in the way of study fees and study leave, as well as some flexible working towards nearer each exam to help me manage with work/life (and exam!) balance.
Carla Walmsley, Senior Manager - Fund Services, Jersey