Hyderabad, India; India
September 05 2023
Manager 1, Software Engineering-Development
We are Alter Domus. Our name means “The Other House” and we’re a world leading provider of integrated solutions for the alternative investment industry. We believe in being different. Here, you progress on merit, not who you know. You speak openly, whoever you’re speaking to. And it’s your freedom to decide which cutting-edge kind of finance professional you want to be. Join more than 4,100 fund administration, accounting, tax, loan administration and legal experts worldwide and take pride in being alternative.
Alter Domus clients include the world’s leading asset managers, lenders and asset owners. We’re specialists who use the most innovative technologies to create unparalleled solutions for the private equity, real assets and debt capital markets sectors. This is where standout talent advances what’s possible in fund administration, corporate services, depositary services, transfer pricing, domiciliation, management company services, loan administration, agency services, trade settlement and CLO manager services.
- You will lead the design, development and maintenance of a cross-product microfrontend platform.
- Contribute to the implementation and testing of new features
- Perform code quality and consistency review
- Advocate and evangelize for standard methodologies and high-quality work
- Facilitate engineering discussions and decision making considering various stakeholders and constituents
- Serve as a mentor and example of best practices for junior engineers
- Be responsive and proactive while maintaining long-term strategic priorities for suite of software solutions that rely on the platform
- Manage various solution development teams’ expectations regarding deliverables and timing
- Provide constructive on-the-job feedback and conduct performance reviews for more junior personnel
- Contribute to a positive team attitude
- Maintain flexibility with schedule in order to meet business needs and client demands.
The desired candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment, where they have the ability to showcase their strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills. They will be detail oriented, able to work independently or as part of a team, and will be able to adapt quickly to shifts in priorities and/objectives. They will be passionate about learning and applying their technical skills and experiences to solve real-world problems, and possess strong listening, verbal, and written communication skills.
- A bachelor's degree in computer science or related field.
- Overall 8+ years of experience in application development
- Experience developing front end web applications using React and state management systems such as Redux or Apollo
- Experience working with Microsoft’s .NET Framework (C# language)
- Experience developing web-based client/server applications
- Strong understanding of OOPS concepts, architecture, and design
- Working skills with Microsoft SQL Server (including programming stored procedures and functions in T- SQL)
- Experience leading a major project from design through release, including milestones and working with a diverse stakeholder group.
- Experience developing CI/CD pipelines
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available.
- Knowledge of RESTful API services
- Experience with microservice based architectures
- Exposure to Git, Azure DevOps (previously VSTS)
- Experience in Cloud Deployment (Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services)
- Understanding of containers (Kubernetes)
- Experience with database-centric performance testing tools
Amanda Donohue, Senior Manager, Cork
Think ahead to five years’ time and where you would like to see yourself. That’s what I did and Alter Domus offered me the right path.
Aristidis Halikias, Managing Director, Chicago
Many might think that the financial services industry is primarily numbers and math, but I believe we are a people business. The people at Alter Domus make it what it is, and we have some of the best in the entire industry.
Carla Walmsley, Senior Manager, Jersey
Alter Domus were fully supportive through my studying path, providing study support in the way of study fees and study leave, as well as some flexible working towards nearer each exam to help me manage with work/life (and exam!) balance.
Shania Galea, Corporate Services Officer, Malta
As a junior, I learn a lot from all colleagues around me. In addition, the AD Academy keeps on providing us with all the training we need.