London, United Kingdom
August 24 2022
We are Alter Domus. Our name means “The Other House” and we’re a world leading provider of integrated solutions for the alternative investment industry. We believe in being different. Here, you progress on merit, not who you know. You speak openly, whoever you’re speaking to. And it’s your freedom to decide which cutting-edge kind of finance professional you want to be. Join more than 3,600 fund administration, accounting, tax, loan administration and legal experts worldwide and take pride in being alternative.
Alter Domus clients include the world’s leading asset managers, lenders and asset owners. We’re specialists who use the most innovative technologies to create unparalleled solutions for the private equity, real assets and debt capital markets sectors. This is where standout talent advances what’s possible in fund administration, corporate services, depositary services, transfer pricing, domiciliation, management company services, loan administration, agency services, trade settlement and CLO manager services.
For our offices in London we are currently looking for a full-time Compliance Manager.
The UK office has seven companies that provide services to clients, three of which are FCA regulated and two are HMRC registered for AML. Following significant growth in our UK office we are looking to recruit a Compliance Manager to be based in London, to work with the Compliance team to ensure compliance standards are met across the UK businesses. This role has a particular focus on our debt capital markets business line (loan agency, escrow, loan administration, cash management).
The post holder is expected to be an appropriately skilled and qualified compliance professional who will be able to understand and ensure compliance with the relevant regulatory regimes in the UK and join a supportive and friendly Compliance team working in a collaborative environment.
The post holder will report to the Head of Compliance UK.
• Work with the business teams to promote a compliant culture,
• Advise the business on day to day queries including those relating to AML procedures and processes,
• Approve new clients through AD’s client onboarding system ensuring that all KYC files meet with Group and local procedures;
• Assist in preparing and submitting FCA returns;
• Develop and deliver the compliance monitoring programme,
• Develop the procedures in accordance with changing regulatory and business needs,
• Review of the KYC files for new clients in line with group and local processes and procedures;
• Assist in maintaining all registers such as Conflicts of interest, reportable events, complaints from clients, etc.;
• Work with the Global Client Acceptance Committee and Group Risk Function;
• Training of new joiners and on going training in respect of procedures, new regulations, AML etc..
• Assisting in maintaining internal policies and procedures and Manuals to ensure compliance with local standards as the business develops.
• You will be educated to degree level or hold an appropriate qualification in compliance or AML/CFT/fraud prevention;
• You have a minimum of 10 yearsinancial services experience, preferably in a Compliance team environment in an FCA regulated company, ideally including experience in debt capital markets;
• You have significant experience and knowledge of FCA requirements, ideally including PSR and/or CASS rules;
• You have very good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint);
• You are familiar with screening tools of clients (Word-check or other similar tools);
• You are fluent in English; any other language will be considered an advantage.
• You have a collaborative approach to working with the Business and Compliance teams
Our recruiting process, like your entire career, is considered a shared responsibility. During interviews you will have the possibility to discover the company and your future colleagues. We will seize the opportunity to know you better. #LI-MM1
Amanda Donohue, Senior Manager, Cork
Think ahead to five years’ time and where you would like to see yourself. That’s what I did and Alter Domus offered me the right path.
Aristidis Halikias, Managing Director, Chicago
Many might think that the financial services industry is primarily numbers and math, but I believe we are a people business. The people at Alter Domus make it what it is, and we have some of the best in the entire industry.
Carla Walmsley, Senior Manager, Jersey
Alter Domus were fully supportive through my studying path, providing study support in the way of study fees and study leave, as well as some flexible working towards nearer each exam to help me manage with work/life (and exam!) balance.
Shania Galea, Corporate Services Officer, Malta
As a junior, I learn a lot from all colleagues around me. In addition, the AD Academy keeps on providing us with all the training we need.