London, United Kingdom; Cork, Ireland
May 11 2023
Depositary Officer/Senior Depositary Officer
We are Alter Domus. Our name means “The Other House” and we’re a world leading provider of integrated solutions for the alternative investment industry. We believe in being different. Here, you progress on merit, not who you know. You speak openly, whoever you’re speaking to. And it’s your freedom to decide which cutting-edge kind of finance professional you want to be. Join more than 4,000 fund administration, accounting, tax, loan administration and legal experts worldwide and take pride in being alternative.
Alter Domus clients include the world’s leading asset managers, lenders and asset owners. We’re specialists who use the most innovative technologies to create unparalleled solutions for the private equity, real assets and debt capital markets sectors. This is where standout talent advances what’s possible in fund administration, corporate services, depositary services, transfer pricing, domiciliation, management company services, loan administration, agency services, trade settlement and CLO manager services.
• Actively participate in the day to day operational depositary work, ensuring compliance of Alternative Investment Funds with regulations, with a focus on the following depositary duties:
• Cash monitoring
• Perform analysis and controls in order to mitigate the risk linked to depositary services;
• Participation in performing due diligence on our third parties;
• Completion of Key Performance Indicator reports;
• Completion of Asset Reconciliation.
You will be the clients’ contact point for both operational topics and the management of internal and relationships with external parties such as asset managers, administrators, auditors, etc.
• You hold a bachelor degree, preferably in a financial services related subject;
• A candidate with 1-3 years’ relevant experience in the alternative investment funds industry (Depositary, Trustee, Fund Accounting, Transfer Agency or Compliance) would be preferable but not mandatory;
• You possess team spirit, the capacity to build strong client relationships, and take initiative to act without waiting for direction, when appropriate;
• You are organised, flexible, able to multi-task and manage workload efficiently;
• You are dynamic and have excellent communication skills;
• You are fluent in English (Knowledge of French and/or German will be considered as an asset);
• You have good knowledge of MS Office, specifically Excel;
• You have knowledge of eFront (preferable but not mandatory).
Amanda Donohue, Senior Manager, Cork
Think ahead to five years’ time and where you would like to see yourself. That’s what I did and Alter Domus offered me the right path.
Aristidis Halikias, Managing Director, Chicago
Many might think that the financial services industry is primarily numbers and math, but I believe we are a people business. The people at Alter Domus make it what it is, and we have some of the best in the entire industry.
Carla Walmsley, Senior Manager, Jersey
Alter Domus were fully supportive through my studying path, providing study support in the way of study fees and study leave, as well as some flexible working towards nearer each exam to help me manage with work/life (and exam!) balance.
Shania Galea, Corporate Services Officer, Malta
As a junior, I learn a lot from all colleagues around me. In addition, the AD Academy keeps on providing us with all the training we need.