January 17 2023
Risk & Compliance
AIFM - AML SENIOR OFFICER
For our office in Luxembourg, we are currently looking for AML Senior Officer for our Management Company.
We offer a young, dynamic, and international corporate atmosphere as well as the benefit of customized training adapted to your needs throughout your career.
We are Alter Domus. Our name means “The Other House” and we’re a world leading provider of integrated solutions for the alternative investment industry. We believe in being different. Here, you progress on merit, not who you know. You speak openly, whoever you’re speaking to. And it’s your freedom to decide which cutting-edge kind of finance professional you want to be. Join more than 4,100 fund administration, accounting, tax, loan administration and legal experts worldwide and take pride in being alternative.
Alter Domus clients include the world’s leading asset managers, lenders and asset owners. We’re specialists who use the most innovative technologies to create unparalleled solutions for the private equity, real assets and debt capital markets sectors. This is where standout talent advances what’s possible in fund administration, corporate services, depositary services, transfer pricing, domiciliation, management company services, loan administration, agency services, trade settlement and CLO manager services.
As AML Senior Officer, you will be part of the Oversight & AML department of our Management Company, reporting directly to the Oversight & AML Team lead.
Your main tasks will be:
• Performing oversight, initial and ongoing AML due diligence on clients, service providers and delegates, assets, including performing on a risk-based approach on-site inspection and collect relevant information/documentation and KPIs;
• Screening business relationships and relevant associated parties against PEP and sanction lists, and adverse media and provide related analyses;
• Processing questionnaires and requests received from business relationships. Analyse business relationships’ answers to questionnaires and requests posed to them;
• Ensuring updating the AML operational process and procedure as and when required;
• Understanding distribution and offering channels and intended purpose of the business relationships;
• Monitoring and understanding transactions as and where required;
• Updating and maintaining systems to meet ADMC and AD Group requirements;
• Performing an assessment of business relationships and presenting the results to the relevant committees;
• Seeking approval by the relevant committee to onboard or continue a business relationship as applicable;
• Understanding the scope where and how the fund managed is investing in;
• Ensuring other ad-hoc tasks and remediations, depending on the development of the regulatory framework and department’s activities;
• Building strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
• Assisting department’s management in developing the activity of the department through analysis of the operational process;
• Assisting in internal and external audits
• Prepare AML KPI reports as required for the Fund AIFMs
• You hold a University degree in finance, economics or equivalent subject
• You have minimum 2 years of relevant experience in AML
• You are fluent in English (knowledge of French and/or German will be considered as an asset)
• You have a good understanding of alternative investment funds industry (PERE, Debt, Fund of Fund…)
• You have a good command of Microsoft Office, VBA (as an asset)
• You are organized, dynamic and able to manage workload efficiently
• You are able to communicate well in a small team
• You have strong analytical skills
• You are able to interact with various counterparties (other service providers, clients and intra-Group)
• You are able to adapt to rapid change and complex environment
Amanda Donohue, Senior Manager, Cork
Think ahead to five years’ time and where you would like to see yourself. That’s what I did and Alter Domus offered me the right path.
Aristidis Halikias, Managing Director, Chicago
Many might think that the financial services industry is primarily numbers and math, but I believe we are a people business. The people at Alter Domus make it what it is, and we have some of the best in the entire industry.
Carla Walmsley, Senior Manager, Jersey
Alter Domus were fully supportive through my studying path, providing study support in the way of study fees and study leave, as well as some flexible working towards nearer each exam to help me manage with work/life (and exam!) balance.
Shania Galea, Corporate Services Officer, Malta
As a junior, I learn a lot from all colleagues around me. In addition, the AD Academy keeps on providing us with all the training we need.