What makes a successful member of our team? Check out these top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Our culture is unlike anywhere else. We are proud of what we have built so far – even as we continue to push our boundaries, to ensure our success in the future. Our environment is powered by a unique set of values and one deliberate mission. To perform, together. By harnessing technology and the collective intelligence of our people, we make the investment management process run smoother: transparent, data led decision making on a global scale. We are The Alternative.
Flexible Working Hours
Competitive packages with extra benefits depending on location
Extra days depending on location and birthday leave
Client Director, Real Estate
We are Alter Domus. Our name means “The Other House” and we’re a world leading provider of integrated solutions for the alternative investment industry. We believe in being different. Here, you progress on merit, not who you know. You speak openly, whoever you’re speaking to. And it’s your freedom to decide which cutting-edge kind of finance professional you want to be. Join more than 5,000 fund administration, accounting, tax, loan administration and legal experts worldwide and take pride in being alternative.
Alter Domus clients include the world’s leading asset managers, lenders and asset owners. We’re specialists who use the most innovative technologies to create unparalleled solutions for the private equity, real assets and debt capital markets sectors. This is where standout talent advances what’s possible in fund administration, corporate services, depositary services, transfer pricing, domiciliation, management company services, loan administration, agency services, trade settlement and CLO manager services.
· Reporting to the Business Unit Leader, the Client Director will lead and own all client delivery aspects for a portfolio of client companies for Alter Domus.
· Oversight and daily management of a Real Estate team, including the accountability for team performance to ensure we continue to exceed client expectations.
· You will be accountable for the active management and oversight of your teams P&L and KPIs.
· You will promote best in class use of systems for Real Estate, with a focus on continuous improvement, delivering operational efficiencies and process improvements.
· You will ensure your team have a solid knowledge and understanding of all relevant industry legislation and regulation, as well as internal AD working practices to ensure compliance with local and global KPIs.
· You will act as an escalation point for clients and you will ensure the timely remediation of any issues.
· You will role model and drive a culture of compliance and risk control to mitigate financial, operational and reputational risks with a zero tolerance for backlog.
· You will work with HR and your peers on capacity planning to ensure adequate resourcing of the team.
· You will sit on Boards of Directors/Managers of Clients (specifically Strategic and Growth) and looking for ways to generate incremental or cross sales.
· You will be involved as appropriate in sales pitches as an SME to support business development activity.
· As an SME, you will be able to provide sound, quality and technical guidance to clients and the wider teams.
· As a leader of Alter Domus, you will maintain a relentless focus on cost and budget discipline, driving a culture of accountability.
· As a senior leader, you will promote and build the Alter Domus brand and culture both internally and externally, acting as a role model to our people, clients and customers and fostering a high-performance culture.
· You will be accountable for ensuring that the Real estate team maintains the highest social and environmental responsibility and standards.
TECHNICAL SKILLS, LEADERSHIP & BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES:
· Recognised professional qualification.
· 8-10 years relevant Funds Real Estate experience.
· Knowledge and experience of Yardi is a plus.
· Experience in people management and the performance of teams.
· Skilled in persuading and influencing with ability to lead, motivate and delegate.
· Strong communication and presentation skills.
· Ability to work to conflicting and demanding deadlines.
· Commercial approach to business.
· Proactive and disciplined approach to work with a "can do" attitude.
· Strong commitment to client service excellence.
· Results driven.
• Business Unit Leader / Country Executive.
• Business Development, Sales Team and Relationship Management Team.
• Clients & Prospective clients
• Local / Regional Service Delivery leaders.
• Finance, Legal & Compliance, Risk Management, IT and Human Resources.
Hear from the team
"Alter Domus were fully supportive through my studying path, providing study support in the way of study fees and study leave, as well as some flexible working towards nearer each exam to help me manage with work/life (and exam!) balance.
Carla Walmsley, Senior Manager - Fund Services, Jersey