What makes a successful member of our team? Check out these top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Our culture is unlike anywhere else. We are proud of what we have built so far – even as we continue to push our boundaries, to ensure our success in the future. Our environment is powered by a unique set of values and one deliberate mission. To perform, together. By harnessing technology and the collective intelligence of our people, we make the investment management process run smoother: transparent, data led decision making on a global scale. We are The Alternative.
Flexible Working Hours
Competitive packages with extra benefits depending on location
Extra days depending on location and birthday leave
Fund Services Accountant - Debt
We are Alter Domus. Our name means “The Other House” and we’re a world leading provider of integrated solutions for the alternative investment industry. We believe in being different. Here, you progress on merit, not who you know. You speak openly, whoever you’re speaking to. And it’s your freedom to decide which cutting-edge kind of finance professional you want to be. Join more than 3,600 fund administration, accounting, tax, loan administration and legal experts worldwide and take pride in being alternative.
For our Debt team in Luxembourg, we are currently looking for a Fund Services Accountant. We offer a dynamic, and international corporate atmosphere as well as the benefit of customized training adapted to your needs throughout your career.
You will be responsible for a portfolio of clients and will work as part of a team to achieve and meet their needs. Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Taking care of the day-to-day operations of the funds and following up with third parties, including investors and clients;
- Keeping the funds books and preparing the periodic funds valuations (Net Asset Value), year-end financial statements, CSSF/BCL reporting, and any other funds related reports;
- Assisting in the coordination of year-end audits;
- Assisting in the organisation of board meetings and shareholders’ meetings;
- Preparing periodic tax and VAT returns and maintaining relevant contact with the Luxembourg tax authorities and tax advisers;
- Acting as a contact person between shareholders, investment managers, and custodian banks for resolution of any issues that may arise.
- You hold a Bachelor and/or Master's degree in Accounting, Audit or Economics;
- You have 0-2 years of relevant experience in the fields of alternative investment fund administration, audit firms or domiciliation;
- You have knowledge of fund industry, valuation, accounting;
- A basic knowledge in accounting for investment products, ideally with fund-of-funds, single-manager funds, and private equity funds will be considered an asset;
- You have necessary understanding of securities commonly encountered in the fund industry, including equities, bonds, contract for difference, options, and futures, and the ability to account for these securities;
- You are fluent in English (knowledge of French and/or German will be considered as an asset);
- You possess team spirit, a capacity to build strong client relationships and take initiative to act without waiting for direction (when appropriate).
Hear from the team
"Alter Domus were fully supportive through my studying path, providing study support in the way of study fees and study leave, as well as some flexible working towards nearer each exam to help me manage with work/life (and exam!) balance.
Carla Walmsley, Senior Manager - Fund Services, Jersey