What makes a successful member of our team? Check out these top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Our culture is unlike anywhere else. We are proud of what we have built so far – even as we continue to push our boundaries, to ensure our success in the future. Our environment is powered by a unique set of values and one deliberate mission. To perform, together. By harnessing technology and the collective intelligence of our people, we make the investment management process run smoother: transparent, data led decision making on a global scale. We are The Alternative.
Flexible Working Hours
Competitive packages with extra benefits depending on location
Extra days depending on location and birthday leave
Funds Services Trainee
Join our Funds Services dynamic and international team in Luxembourg as a Funds Services Trainee. As part of a dedicated expert team, you will be responsible for the delivery of Alter Domus’ world-class suite of integrated solutions to a portfolio of clients.
- Several internship opportunities of at least 4 months in duration with the possibility of recruitment for a full-time position upon completion of the internship
- Customized training within a young, dynamic, international corporate atmosphere
- Financial compensation as well as meal vouchers during the internship
YOUR FUTURE RESPONSIBILITIES
As a Trainee with Alter Domus, you will be responsible for a portfolio of clients and will work as part of a team to achieve and meet their needs. Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Taking care of the day-to-day operations of the funds and following up with third parties, including investors and clients
- Keeping the funds books and preparing the periodic funds valuations (Net Asset Value), year-end financial statements, CSSF/BCL reporting, and any other funds related reports
- Assisting in the coordination of year-end audits
- Assisting in the organisation of board meetings and shareholders’ meetings
- Preparing periodic tax and VAT returns and maintaining relevant contact with the Luxembourg tax authorities and tax advisers
- Acting as a contact person between shareholders, investment managers, and custodian banks for resolution of any issues that may arise
What we’ll look for on your CV:
- Strong academic background
- You are pursuing a University degree, preferably in Accounting & Finance and/or are a qualified accountant
- You are fluent in English (Knowledge of French and/or German will be considered as an asset)
- You are looking for an End-of-Studies Internship
- Your institution is able to provide an Internship Agreement for the duration of your traineeship
What will make you stand out in a crowd:
- You have good communication skills and a strong team spirit
- You are independent, pro-active, detail-oriented and goal-driven
- You are able to meet tight deadlines
- You demonstrate problem solving, analytical and prioritisation skills
Hear from the team
"Alter Domus were fully supportive through my studying path, providing study support in the way of study fees and study leave, as well as some flexible working towards nearer each exam to help me manage with work/life (and exam!) balance.
Carla Walmsley, Senior Manager - Fund Services, Jersey