January 18 2024
For our office in Luxembourg, we are currently looking for a Oversight Manager to join our Oversight team. We offer a dynamic and international corporate atmosphere as well as the benefit of customized training adapted to your needs throughout your career.
- Complete the department’s processes to ensure a smooth operation of our delegated activities on a daily/monthly/quarterly basis in the context of fund administration and transfer agent activities;
- While employed as a Manager you will have the opportunity to attend training to enhance your current skills and learn new ones as well.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- You will be responsible of reviewing and coordinating the day-to-day controls on delegated duties of the fund entities (controls on NAV reports, reconciliation, regular reporting, annual audit, monitoring of KPIs),
- Participate to development of the Oversight function,
- Monitoring of delegated functions through due diligence activities (initial and ongoing) and review of contractual arrangements,
- Ensure proper communication with stakeholders,
- Ensure that all identified issues have been reported, corrected and preventive solutions have been implemented,
- Being involved in the processes review, drafting or implementation for existing or new delegation models,
- You will provide guidance to less senior colleagues and act as a reliable backup to assist the team leader when needed,
- Ensuring efficient working processes and contribution to various projects.
What we’ll look for on your CV:
- You hold an academic degree, preferably in Accounting & Finance or Economics;
- You have at least 7/8 years of experience in the fund industry in Luxembourg;
- You are fluent in English (knowledge of French or any other language will be considered as an asset);
- You have a strong knowledge of financial markets, funds industry and Alternative Investment Funds;
- You have a high level of IT literacy, specifically in MS Office suite.
What will make you stand out in a crowd:
- You are a team player and able to communicate well in a small team;
- You understand the risks in the daily operation, how the risks are mitigated and controlled, and ensure stakeholders are both aware of, and contribute to the success of the function;
- You have a strong ability to communicate and influence on technical issues, to a wide range of stakeholders;
- You have a comprehensive understanding of alternative investment funds, oversight structure and interested stakeholders in the business model so you an act as a source of expertise in answering technical questions from all parties;
- You are independent, pro-active, detail-oriented and goal-driven;
- You are able to consider different ways of resolving or responding to a technical query or compliant, by understanding available data sources, literature, and market information, thus providing a superior quality response;
- You show legal and operational risk awareness and ability to ensure respect of Alter Domus’ policies, protection and values.
Amanda Donohue, Senior Manager, Cork
Think ahead to five years’ time and where you would like to see yourself. That’s what I did and Alter Domus offered me the right path.
Aristidis Halikias, Managing Director, Chicago
Many might think that the financial services industry is primarily numbers and math, but I believe we are a people business. The people at Alter Domus make it what it is, and we have some of the best in the entire industry.
Carla Walmsley, Senior Manager, Jersey
Alter Domus were fully supportive through my studying path, providing study support in the way of study fees and study leave, as well as some flexible working towards nearer each exam to help me manage with work/life (and exam!) balance.
Shania Galea, Corporate Services Officer, Malta
As a junior, I learn a lot from all colleagues around me. In addition, the AD Academy keeps on providing us with all the training we need.