September 19 2022
Senior System Architect II
Alter Domus is currently looking for a Senior Cloud Architect to join a team composed of infrastructure architects and delivery engineers. As the Alter Domus geo-footprint is moving fast and the current and upcoming Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A) and cloud strategy are a key focus in this growth, the ideal candidate will contribute heavily to the IT transformation. We offer a young, dynamic, and international corporate atmosphere as well as the benefit of customized training adapted to your needs throughout your career.
A successful infrastructure (Cloud) Architect is good at solving problems, thinking creatively, and translating business needs into comprehensible technical designs. In addition to these general skills, we are seeking candidates with the following core skills and objectives:
• Highly technical with analytics skills
• Review, define and document new components of Alter Domus platform
• Ensure that delivered solution are compliant with established standard
• Establish strategic technology roadmap in line with application strategy and Business requirements
• Manage relationship with key stakeholders in IT and external parties
• Provide IT solutions to business requirements whilst aligning to IT strategies and standards
• Facilitate sharing and alignment of knowledge & best practice with IT areas
• Provide support to all IT group teams to provide guidance in different steps of projects
• Work with the software architect team to adapt the infrastructure based on development requirements
• Define new infrastructure security standards for new applications (cloud and on premise)
• Experience with web technologies and building enterprise architecture roadmaps
• Experience designing, integrating and managing complex infrastructure solutions in an multinational environment
• Knowledge of client-server networking and database management
• Ability to provide technical system solutions, determine overall design direction, estimate of the solution implementation and provide hardware recommendations for complex technical issues
• Experience in planning and developing support processes and adhering to best practices
• Strong written and oral communication skills, and the ability to effectively communicate with technical and non-technical audiences
• Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies
• Anticipate and evaluate architecture risks
• Comprehend complex technical details and relay information to both technical and business stakeholders
• Maintains safe and clean working environment by enforcing procedures, rules, and regulations
• Project management experience is a plus
• String experience in designing and implementing Microsoft cloud solutions (Azure, Office 365)
• Strong Cloud architecture experience, with at least 2 years in Cloud Architect position
• Strong technical knowledge of Microsoft technologies, including server and client OS, Active Directory and SQL
• Technical knowledge of Citrix and other virtualization solutions
• Experience in implementing or managing datacenters and virtual environments
• Technical knowledge of network related technologies
• Being familiar with ITIL framework, tickets management and associated workflows
• Architecture Certification (TOGAF, CITA, EACOE, Certified SOA Architect, etc.) is a plus
• At least 10 years of IT experience in financial industry, as an architect or senior engineer
• Team player with strong interpersonal skills
• Willingness to work with teams in multiple time zones
• Able to interact with all levels of management
• Top-down thinker, with the ability to translate business domain needs into technology domain solutions
• Experienced in manage challenging situations with key client’s requirements and third party constraints, focused on building consensus in such situations
• Ability to prioritize the technology roadmap based on business value, and to drive the creation of business cases for IT investments in business language
• Ability to explain complex technical solutions to audiences at different technical knowledge
• You are fluent in English (written and spoken), French being an asset
• You are able to work under pressure and time constraints, and you maintain strict attention to detail in high-pressure situations
• Strong communication (verbal/written/listening) skills
• Must be willing to travel
• Ability to work hands-on and leading by example
Independent and possessing more than fifteen years’ experience in its field, Alter Domus has become a leader in corporate and management services for private equity & infrastructure and real estate funds as well as listed and unlisted companies. Our staff of over 3,600 people also provides fund administration and financial reporting services. We mentor and develop our employees’ technical knowledge and practical skills. We also champion commitment and a customer-oriented mindset.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Alter Domus offers a competitive, comprehensive benefits package including a generous vacation policy, a diverse work environment, and strong global connections. As you collaborate with colleagues in our fast-paced environment, you will gain exposure to demanding and stimulating experiences that you will take with you as your career progresses. We provide a sophisticated work environment with prominent clients that will take your ambitions and talents to the next level and give you the resources and support you need to succeed.
For more information, please visit: www.alterdomus.com.
Amanda Donohue, Senior Manager, Cork
Think ahead to five years’ time and where you would like to see yourself. That’s what I did and Alter Domus offered me the right path.
Aristidis Halikias, Managing Director, Chicago
Many might think that the financial services industry is primarily numbers and math, but I believe we are a people business. The people at Alter Domus make it what it is, and we have some of the best in the entire industry.
Carla Walmsley, Senior Manager, Jersey
Alter Domus were fully supportive through my studying path, providing study support in the way of study fees and study leave, as well as some flexible working towards nearer each exam to help me manage with work/life (and exam!) balance.
Shania Galea, Corporate Services Officer, Malta
As a junior, I learn a lot from all colleagues around me. In addition, the AD Academy keeps on providing us with all the training we need.