November 23 2022
Senior Valuation Officer
For our AIFM, we are currently looking for a Senior Valuation Officer for our Luxembourg Office.
Senior Valuation Officer within the Management Company is involved in the day to day valuation tasks related to alternative assets. In this position He/she will be part of a team of 6 persons responsible for the overall management of the investment valuation and monitoring process across our various strategies (Venture Capital, Private Equity, Real Estate, Infrastructure, IPs, and much more.)
Your main responsibilities will be:
• Produce/review valuations for each NAV calculation;
• Assess the valuation / price of new investment opportunities;
• Perform detailed analysis on portfolio assets and environment/market in which assets operate;
• Produce valuation reports summarising the work performed and the valuation for each portfolio assets;
• Present the valuation reports to the Valuation Committee;
• Provide assistance and oversight to junior team members;
• Interact with various teams (Portfolio management, Fund Onboarding, Risk Management, Operation & Oversight etc.), committees and board of directors within our Management Company as well as with external parties (GP, investment advisors/managers, auditors, third party valuation firms, service providers, regulators etc.) on accounting, monitoring and valuation related topics;
• You have a strong academic background - ideally MA/MSc/MBA;
- CFA/CAIA would be an advantage
• You have 3+ years’ work experience in the financial industry (preferably within the area of auditing, controlling or valuation) and a strong desire to learn and succeed;
• Broad experience over different alternative assets (Private Equity, Real Estate and/or Infrastructure sector) is required;
• You have excellent financial modelling and technical skills - DCF, IRR, NPV, ratio analysis;
• You possess excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• You are a self-directed person, able to manage effectively and complete tasks within demanding timelines despite competing priorities;
• You are able to ask probing questions to asset managers and advisers and keep fully up to date with sector trends to assess the impact on valuations;
• You demonstrate sound business judgment and an analytical, pragmatic approach to problem solving;
• You are fluent in English (knowledge of French and/or German will be considered as an asset).
Amanda Donohue, Senior Manager, Cork
Think ahead to five years’ time and where you would like to see yourself. That’s what I did and Alter Domus offered me the right path.
Aristidis Halikias, Managing Director, Chicago
Many might think that the financial services industry is primarily numbers and math, but I believe we are a people business. The people at Alter Domus make it what it is, and we have some of the best in the entire industry.
Carla Walmsley, Senior Manager, Jersey
Alter Domus were fully supportive through my studying path, providing study support in the way of study fees and study leave, as well as some flexible working towards nearer each exam to help me manage with work/life (and exam!) balance.
Shania Galea, Corporate Services Officer, Malta
As a junior, I learn a lot from all colleagues around me. In addition, the AD Academy keeps on providing us with all the training we need.