September 28 2022
Legal Manager - MILAN
As a member of the team supporting Company Secretary services to clients, you serve as a critical liaison internally with fund managers and as a main point of contact to our clients.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Manage a portfolio of regulated and unregulated real estate and corporate entities including funds, trusts and companies.
- Overseeing the day-to-day company secretarial operations of the entities managed by Alter Domus and the various transactions (e.g. incorporation, share allotment, capital reduction, change of directors, strike off, amendment of articles of association, buy back, power of attorney, loan notes etc.)
- Collaborating with internal teams on the setup and/or on-boarding of client structures, and administering complex international structures;
- Oversee services to clients and ensure operational processes are delivered to a high quality and in a timely manner;
- Ensure efficient communication with portfolio of clients, board members, third party intermediaries such as banks, lawyers, accountants and tax advisors;
- Preparing for and participating in board and shareholders' meetings and ensuring processes and turnaround are adhered to;
- Advising on best practice, preparing for and providing board support services;
- Maintenance of statutory records for entities and ensuring filing requirements are met;
- Monitoring changes in relevant legislation and the regulatory environment and taking the appropriate action on behalf of clients and internally;
- Preparation, collation and ongoing monitoring of Know Your Customer/Client Due Diligence and promoter/corporate files;
- Supporting team on client engagement and transactions
- Review and negotiation of MSA;
- Hold a relevant professional qualification or be working towards one;
- Have relevant experience managing corporate structures of a similar nature and strong company secretarial knowledge;
- Knowledge of other areas such tax, accounting, regulatory and AML requirements is expected;
- Proven capacity to build strong client relationships, and take initiative to act without waiting for direction when appropriate;
- Demonstrated effective communication and are able to delegate work and supervise junior staff;
- Demonstrated success in supporting boards and transactional skills with prior Diligent Board experience desired;
- Ability to identify and escalate matters as and when required;
- Possess a flexible and hands-on approach;
- Organised with an eye for detail;
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritise and handle multiple projects simultaneously;
- Demonstrated commitment to deliver excellent client service;
- Fluent Italian and English languages.
WHO WE ARE
We are Alter Domus. Our name means “The Other House” and we’re a world leading provider of integrated solutions for the alternative investment industry. We believe in being different. Here, you progress on merit, not who you know. You speak openly, whoever you’re speaking to. And it’s your freedom to decide which cutting-edge kind of finance professional you want to be. Join more than 4,000 fund administration, accounting, tax, loan administration and legal experts worldwide and take pride in being alternative.
WHAT WE DO
Alter Domus clients include the world’s leading asset managers, lenders and asset owners. We’re specialists who use the most innovative technologies to create unparalleled solutions for the private equity, real assets and debt capital markets sectors. This is where standout talent advances what’s possible in fund administration, corporate services, depositary services, transfer pricing, domiciliation, management company services, loan administration, agency services, trade settlement and CLO manager services.
Amanda Donohue, Senior Manager, Cork
Think ahead to five years’ time and where you would like to see yourself. That’s what I did and Alter Domus offered me the right path.
Aristidis Halikias, Managing Director, Chicago
Many might think that the financial services industry is primarily numbers and math, but I believe we are a people business. The people at Alter Domus make it what it is, and we have some of the best in the entire industry.
Carla Walmsley, Senior Manager, Jersey
Alter Domus were fully supportive through my studying path, providing study support in the way of study fees and study leave, as well as some flexible working towards nearer each exam to help me manage with work/life (and exam!) balance.
Shania Galea, Corporate Services Officer, Malta
As a junior, I learn a lot from all colleagues around me. In addition, the AD Academy keeps on providing us with all the training we need.