What makes a successful member of our team? Check out these top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Our culture is unlike anywhere else. We are proud of what we have built so far – even as we continue to push our boundaries, to ensure our success in the future. Our environment is powered by a unique set of values and one deliberate mission. To perform, together. By harnessing technology and the collective intelligence of our people, we make the investment management process run smoother: transparent, data led decision making on a global scale. We are The Alternative.
Flexible Working Hours
Competitive packages with extra benefits depending on location
Extra days depending on location and birthday leave
Assistant Fund Manager (Private Equity)
Alter Domus is currently seeking a new Assistant Fund Manager to join our Private Equity Fund Administration team.
- Assist in the preparation and review of investment entries, valuations, capital calls, and distributions;
- Review allocations, ad-hoc communications with investors, workpapers and unaudited financial statements, partners’ capital statements, and all reports for both limited and general partners;
- Responsible for all client reporting;
- Review cash and journal entries;
- Analyze incentive fee calculations;
- Serve as the subject matter expert throughout the audit process;
- Assist with preparing and reviewing audited financials and supporting schedules and liaison with auditors;
- Assist with open items list/auditor communications, 1099 form preparation, and onboarding process for both new clients and new funds;
- Monitor and create fund/account efficiencies and ensure implementation of improvements;
- Ensure fund/account compliance with client agreement(s);
- Input client information into accounting and CRM systems;
- Analyze and discuss results for company databases, IRR’s, and returns;
- Review and assist in spearheading ongoing IT reconciliation project;
- Manage and mentor Associate team members
- Advise performance review ratings and team performance;
- Advise management about issues such as resource utilization, tax strategies, and the assumptions underlying budget forecasts;
- Communicate with senior team members on the status of reports and projects;
- Work with senior team members on special requests from clients; and
- Assist with the development of policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or similar;
- 4+ years of professional experience;
- Strong understanding of investments within Private Equity;
- Experience with preparing quarterly journal entries (cash, investments, intercompany, credit facility, accruals, valuations, management fees, invoices, carried interest);
- Understanding of multiple vehicle structures including parallel, co-investor, blocker, feeder and holding company structures;
- Ability to quickly learn and understand the accounting systems and corresponding reporting;
- Ability to proactively identify issues and recommend long-term solutions;
- Ability to multitask, working on multiple client and/or fund deadlines;
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, including advanced formulas and pivot tables;
- Ability to communicate professionally with clients;
- Ability to work both independently and on a team; and
- Attention to detail and analytical skills.
Independent and possessing more than fifteen years’ experience in its field, Alter Domus has become a leader in corporate and management services for private equity & infrastructure and real estate funds as well as listed and unlisted companies. Our staff of over 2,000 people also provides fund administration and financial reporting services. We mentor and develop our employees’ technical knowledge and practical skills. We also champion commitment and a customer-oriented mindset.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Alter Domus offers a competitive, comprehensive benefits package including a generous vacation policy, a diverse work environment, and strong global connections. As you collaborate with colleagues in our fast-paced environment, you will gain exposure to demanding and stimulating experiences that you will take with you as your career progresses. We provide a sophisticated work environment with prominent clients that will take your ambitions and talents to the next level and give you the resources and support you need to succeed.
For more information, please visit: www.alterdomus.com. Alter Domus is an Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Hear from the team
"Alter Domus were fully supportive through my studying path, providing study support in the way of study fees and study leave, as well as some flexible working towards nearer each exam to help me manage with work/life (and exam!) balance.
Carla Walmsley, Senior Manager - Fund Services, Jersey