Saint Helier, Jersey
September 06 2023
Risk & Compliance
Head of Regulatory Client Compliance
We are Alter Domus. Our name means “The Other House” and we’re a world leading provider of integrated solutions for the alternative investment industry. We believe in being different. Here, you progress on merit, not who you know. You speak openly, whoever you’re speaking to. And it’s your freedom to decide which cutting-edge kind of finance professional you want to be. Join more than 4,100 fund administration, accounting, tax, loan administration and legal experts worldwide and take pride in being alternative.
Alter Domus clients include the world’s leading asset managers, lenders and asset owners. We’re specialists who use the most innovative technologies to create unparalleled solutions for the private equity, real assets and debt capital markets sectors. This is where standout talent advances what’s possible in fund administration, corporate services, depositary services, transfer pricing, domiciliation, management company services, loan administration, agency services, trade settlement and CLO manager services.
We are looking to recruit an appropriately skilled and qualified compliance professional to be responsible for the oversight and management of the Regulatory Client Compliance Team in Jersey. The Regulatory Client Compliance Team comprises of an Investor onboarding and review team and a monitoring team.
The role will also include performing the named Compliance Officer, Money Laundering Reporting Officer and Money Laundering Compliance Officer for the Jersey Regulated Funds and Managed Entities administered by Alter Domus (Jersey) Limited (“AD”) and the named MLRO & MLCO for all entities to which AD has been appointed as AML Service Provider.
• Performing the Compliance Officer, MLCO and MLRO role for the Regulated Funds and Managed Entities (together the “Regulated Entities”) administered by AD.
• Performing the MLCO and MLRO for all entities to which AD has been appointed AML Service Provider (“AMLSP”)
• Ensuring that client due diligence is collected to the appropriate standard for all of the Regulated and Fund entities.
• Ensuring that the client due diligence is collected to the appropriate standard for the investors or other parties in entities regulated for AML purposes in accordance with Jersey regulations.
• Ensuring that compliance monitoring is undertaken in accordance with the relevant compliance monitoring plans for the Regulated Entities and Fund Entities to ensure that they remain compliant with all applicable regulatory and AML/CFT requirements.
• Ensuring that the compliance monitoring plans and business risk assessments for the Regulated Entities and Fund Entities remain up to date and that they continue to meet regulatory requirements.
• Ensuring that the appropriate monitoring and business risk assessments are completed for all entities to which AD provides AMLSP services.
• Preparing and presenting relevant reporting to the Boards of the Regulated Entities and all entities to which AMLSP services are provided.
• Ensuring that the relevant regulatory reporting for Regulated Entities are submitted as required.
• Updating Compliance Manuals and other documentation for the Regulated Entities and Fund Entities.
• Development of the Client Regulatory Team to ensure that they continue to operate in an efficient manner.
• Ensuring that all of the investor monitoring is undertaken in accordance with the monitoring programme and AD procedures.
• Providing assistance to the business in respect of compliance and AML matters as required.
• You have a strong working knowledge of the regulatory and AML framework for Jersey including the regulations for Funds and Fund entities.
• You have 5 - 10 years Financial Services experience in a Fund/Compliance environment.
• You will have acted in the capacity as CO, MLRO or MLCO of a Regulated Fund or Managed Entity.
• You preferably have completed the International Diploma in Compliance or AML or equivalent qualification.
• You have experienceAt Alter Domus we are committed to inclusion and feel strongly that inclusive teams drive brilliant performance. We are an equal opportunity employer and recognise all facets of diversity and strive to create a psychologically safe workplace where all of our people can perform to their best. of managing and developing a team of small to medium size Compliance and AML professionals.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your cover letter and your CV addressed to Sheila.Mulqueengallagher@alterdomus.com
Alternatively, please apply via our website at alterdomus.com/careers
At Alter Domus we are committed to inclusion and feel strongly that inclusive teams drive brilliant performance. We are an equal opportunity employer and recognise all facets of diversity and strive to create a psychologically safe workplace where all of our people can perform to their best.
Amanda Donohue, Senior Manager, Cork
Think ahead to five years’ time and where you would like to see yourself. That’s what I did and Alter Domus offered me the right path.
Aristidis Halikias, Managing Director, Chicago
Many might think that the financial services industry is primarily numbers and math, but I believe we are a people business. The people at Alter Domus make it what it is, and we have some of the best in the entire industry.
Carla Walmsley, Senior Manager, Jersey
Alter Domus were fully supportive through my studying path, providing study support in the way of study fees and study leave, as well as some flexible working towards nearer each exam to help me manage with work/life (and exam!) balance.
Shania Galea, Corporate Services Officer, Malta
As a junior, I learn a lot from all colleagues around me. In addition, the AD Academy keeps on providing us with all the training we need.