Salt Lake City, United States; Ogden, United States
March 03 2023
Fund Administration Services
This is fund accounting and administration at its finest. Where we pair end-to-end expertise with a full spectrum of integrated solutions to exceed our clients’ needs. Here, we advance what’s possible. And give you every opportunity to advance yourself in this fast-moving data-led area.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out these top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Our culture is unlike anywhere else. We are proud of what we have built so far – even as we continue to push our boundaries, to ensure our success in the future. Our environment is powered by a unique set of values and one deliberate mission. To perform, together. By harnessing technology and the collective intelligence of our people, we make the investment management process run smoother: transparent, data led decision making on a global scale. We are The Alternative.
Flexible Working Hours
Competitive packages with extra benefits depending on location
Extra days depending on location and birthday leave
Fund Accountant - Private Equity
We are Alter Domus. Our name means “The Other House” and we’re a world leading provider of integrated solutions for the alternative investment industry. We believe in being different. Here, you progress on merit, not who you know. You speak openly, whoever you’re speaking to. And it’s your freedom to decide which cutting-edge kind of finance professional you want to be. Join more than 4,100 fund administration, accounting, tax, loan administration and legal experts worldwide and take pride in being alternative.
Alter Domus clients include the world’s leading asset managers, lenders and asset owners. We’re specialists who use the most innovative technologies to create unparalleled solutions for the private equity, real assets and debt capital markets sectors. This is where standout talent advances what’s possible in fund administration, corporate services, depositary services, transfer pricing, domiciliation, management company services, loan administration, agency services, trade settlement and CLO manager services.
Alter Domus is currently seeking a new Fund Accountant to join our Private Equity Fund Services Team at our Salt Lake or Ogden, Utah office. This is a hybrid position. You can be part of a unique culture, a place that teamwork is encouraged and hard work is rewarded. The Utah location is known for its innovation in fund services and recently developed a highly successful Asset Owner Solutions offering. We offer a wide range of opportunities for growth and provide the resources you need to progress in your career of choice. Please Note: If you live within a hour distance from an Alter Domus office outside of Utah, you may also be considered for this position.
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements, investor statements, contribution/redemption confirmations, K-1s, capital calls, distributions, audited financials and other investor communications
- Enter daily and monthly deliverables by recording journal entries, wires, loan statements and posting/reconciling trades
- Client Interaction to enhance client relationships and a dedication to doing the job right and meeting client deadlines.
- Other duties as required
- Financial Management
- Technical Capacity
- Communication Proficiency
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Highly organized and proactive, with follow-through on commitments
- Personal and professional integrity
- Strong work ethic, responsiveness and passion for customer service and quality
- Excellent team player and good interpersonal skills
- Able to handle multiple tasks and prioritize accordingly
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work with team members and manager remotely
- Ability to follow instructions and receive feedback and review comments on work prepared
- Communicate with tax team members and managers any questions or issues that arise with client work
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Major in accounting (BA or MAcc) or finance
- Looking to pursue a career in accounting
- Experience in accounting is preferred, but not necessary
WHAT WE OFFER:
Alter Domus provides a sophisticated, diverse, and global work environment with prominent clients. We will take your ambitions and talents to the next level while giving you the resources and support you need to succeed.
Here are some of the benefits we provide:
- 401(k) savings plan with 100% employer match up to 6%
- Flexible paid time off from 27-35 days paid off per year, depending on your level
- 11 paid holidays
- Paid birthday off
- Generous parental leave for both parents
- Health care coverage for as little as $25 per month
- Flexible Hybrid working environment
- Comprehensive training through our acADemy training program
- Dedicated people manager and coach focused on your career
- As well as many more…
For more information, please visit: careers.alterdomus.com.
Alter Domus is an Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Hear from the team
"Alter Domus were fully supportive through my studying path, providing study support in the way of study fees and study leave, as well as some flexible working towards nearer each exam to help me manage with work/life (and exam!) balance.
Carla Walmsley, Senior Manager - Fund Services, Jersey