Salt Lake City, United States; Ogden, United States
November 28 2022
Fund Analyst - Private Equity
We are Alter Domus. Our name means “The Other House” and we’re a world leading provider of integrated solutions for the alternative investment industry. We believe in being different. Here, you progress on merit, not who you know. You speak openly, whoever you’re speaking to. And it’s your freedom to decide which cutting-edge kind of finance professional you want to be. Join more than 4,100 fund administration, accounting, tax, loan administration and legal experts worldwide and take pride in being alternative.
Alter Domus clients include the world’s leading asset managers, lenders and asset owners. We’re specialists who use the most innovative technologies to create unparalleled solutions for the private equity, real assets and debt capital markets sectors. This is where standout talent advances what’s possible in fund administration, corporate services, depositary services, transfer pricing, domiciliation, management company services, loan administration, agency services, trade settlement and CLO manager services.
Alter Domus is currently seeking a new Part Time, Fund Analyst to join our Private Equity Fund Services Team at our Salt Lake or Ogden, Utah office. This is a hybrid position. You can be part of a unique culture, a place that teamwork is encouraged and hard work is rewarded. The Utah location is known for its innovation in fund services and recently developed a highly successful Asset Owner Solutions offering. We offer a wide range of opportunities for growth and provide the resources you need to progress in your career of choice.
- Apply the highest standards of data integrity when entering Financial Statement data for Private Equity, Venture Capital and Real Estate investments;
- Strive to become a subject matter expert in the collection process for pertinent fund documents, applicable processes and software platforms;
- Track day-to-day collection of fund documents and data entries;
- Troubleshoot and triage any bottlenecks in the process of data collection or data entry;
- Continuously evaluate the current data collection and entry processes, and propose enhancements to spreadsheets, protocols and processes to boost efficiency and quality;
- Assist the Fund Accounting team with numerous projects and ad hoc client requests;
- Communicate with internal or external stakeholders to identify issues and propose solutions for long-term sustainability of processes;
- Assist with training of incoming team members; and
- Ability to deliver high quality work under tight deadlines.
- Process and index all pertinent Fund emails accurately and efficiently in a time-sensitive, client-centric environment; including, but not limited to, Investment Requests, Cash Notices, Tax Documents, Financial Statements, Partners’ Capital Statements and Supplemental Fund Statements; and
- Identify all possible information included in a Financial Statement that may need to be reported to clients, regulators, auditors or internal management.
- Continuously enter data from Schedule of Investments, Balance Sheets, Statements of Partners’ Capital, Statements of Operations and Statements of Cash Flows with accuracy and efficiency; and
- Calculate Fund-Level Debt and Ownership % of Client Interest in Funds.
Liaison for Clients Data:
- Liaising between Alter Domus and underlying investment managers when documents or data is missing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business or Computer Science, preferred but not required; or relevant experience in processing transactions, reviewing documentation, using transaction systems and data entry;
- 0-3 years of professional experience (new graduates encouraged to apply);
- Looking to pursue a career in accounting.
- Experience using MS Office and Excel;
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills;
- Experience in research or data collection; and
- Willingness to proactively learn new skills, take ownership and dedicated to taking on an accounting career
WHAT WE OFFER:
Alter Domus provides a sophisticated, diverse, and global work environment with prominent clients. We will take your ambitions and talents to the next level while giving you the resources and support you need to succeed.
Here are some of the benefits we provide for full time employees:
- 401(k) savings plan with 100% employer match up to 6%
- Flexible paid time off from 27-35 days paid off per year, depending on your level
- 11 paid holidays
- Paid birthday off
- Generous parental leave for both parents
- Health care coverage for as little as $25 per month
- Flexible Hybrid working environment
- Comprehensive training through our acADemy training program
- Dedicated people manager and coach focused on your career
- As well as many more…
For more information, please visit: careers.alterdomus.com.
Alter Domus is an Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Amanda Donohue, Senior Manager, Cork
Think ahead to five years’ time and where you would like to see yourself. That’s what I did and Alter Domus offered me the right path.
Aristidis Halikias, Managing Director, Chicago
Many might think that the financial services industry is primarily numbers and math, but I believe we are a people business. The people at Alter Domus make it what it is, and we have some of the best in the entire industry.
Carla Walmsley, Senior Manager, Jersey
Alter Domus were fully supportive through my studying path, providing study support in the way of study fees and study leave, as well as some flexible working towards nearer each exam to help me manage with work/life (and exam!) balance.
Shania Galea, Corporate Services Officer, Malta
As a junior, I learn a lot from all colleagues around me. In addition, the AD Academy keeps on providing us with all the training we need.