Salt Lake City, United States; Ogden, United States
November 02 2022
Senior Fund Accountant - Private Equity
We are Alter Domus. Our name means “The Other House” and we’re a world leading provider of integrated solutions for the alternative investment industry. We believe in being different. Here, you progress on merit, not who you know. You speak openly, whoever you’re speaking to. And it’s your freedom to decide which cutting-edge kind of finance professional you want to be. Join more than 4,100 fund administration, accounting, tax, loan administration and legal experts worldwide and take pride in being alternative.
Alter Domus clients include the world’s leading asset managers, lenders and asset owners. We’re specialists who use the most innovative technologies to create unparalleled solutions for the private equity, real assets and debt capital markets sectors. This is where standout talent advances what’s possible in fund administration, corporate services, depositary services, transfer pricing, domiciliation, management company services, loan administration, agency services, trade settlement and CLO manager services.
Alter Domus is currently seeking a new Senior Fund Accountant to join our Private Equity Fund Services Team at our Salt Lake or Ogden, Utah office. This is a hybrid position. You can be part of a unique culture, a place that teamwork is encouraged and hard work is rewarded. The Utah location is known for its innovation in fund services and recently developed a highly successful Asset Owner Solutions offering. We offer a wide range of opportunities for growth and provide the resources you need to progress in your career of choice. Please Note: If you live within a hour distance from an Alter Domus office outside of Utah, you may also be considered for this position.
- Review the preparation of financial statements, investor statements, contribution/redemption confirmations, K-1s, capital calls, distributions, audited financials and other investor communications
- Enter daily and monthly deliverables by recording journal entries, wires, loan statements and posting/reconciling trades
- Client Interaction to enhance client relationships and a dedication to doing the job right and meeting client deadlines
- Other duties as required
Additional Key Responsibilities
- Highly organized and proactive, with follow-through on commitments
- Personal and professional integrity
- Strong work ethic, responsiveness and passion for customer service and quality
- Excellent team player and good interpersonal skills
- Able to handle multiple tasks and prioritize accordingly
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work with team members and manager remotely
- Ability to follow instructions and receive feedback and review comments on work prepared
- Communicate with tax team members and managers any questions or issues that arise with client work.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, or finance, or related subject
- 3-5 years experience in Accounting
- Experience in private equity preferred but not required
- Masters in Accounting or related business field
- CPA certification
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- Financial Management
- Technical Capacity
- Communication Proficiency
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
- Private Equity
- Hedge Funds
- Venture Capital
WHAT WE OFFER:
Alter Domus provides a sophisticated, diverse, and global work environment with prominent clients. We will take your ambitions and talents to the next level while giving you the resources and support you need to succeed.
Here are some of the benefits we provide:
- 401(k) savings plan with 100% employer match up to 6%
- Flexible paid time off from 27-35 days paid off per year, depending on your level
- 11 paid holidays
- Paid birthday off
- Generous parental leave for both parents
- Health care coverage for as little as $25 per month
- Flexible Hybrid working environment
- Comprehensive training through our acADemy training program
- Dedicated people manager and coach focused on your career
- As well as many more…
For more information, please visit: careers.alterdomus.com.
Alter Domus is an Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Amanda Donohue, Senior Manager, Cork
Think ahead to five years’ time and where you would like to see yourself. That’s what I did and Alter Domus offered me the right path.
Aristidis Halikias, Managing Director, Chicago
Many might think that the financial services industry is primarily numbers and math, but I believe we are a people business. The people at Alter Domus make it what it is, and we have some of the best in the entire industry.
Carla Walmsley, Senior Manager, Jersey
Alter Domus were fully supportive through my studying path, providing study support in the way of study fees and study leave, as well as some flexible working towards nearer each exam to help me manage with work/life (and exam!) balance.
Shania Galea, Corporate Services Officer, Malta
As a junior, I learn a lot from all colleagues around me. In addition, the AD Academy keeps on providing us with all the training we need.