May 12 2023
Application Support Senior Engineer I
We are looking for a talented support engineer with developer background and desired experience in programming languages such as C# or Java to join our Data Platform team. Here, you will be part of a young and dynamic team, containing already several engineers and IT experts with different backgrounds, within the IT department of Alter Domus, in our Luxembourg, Lithuania or US office.
Our team has an International culture with many different nationalities and locations (Luxembourg, USA, Lithuania…), you will be able to develop and practice your English, as all communication (verbal and written), meetings and documentation are in English.
This role will support as a primary role a brand new technology (MS Azure based) that is playing a central role in our organization by collecting, storing, managing, analyzing and sharing data from multiple sources, making data points available for other platforms to be used (ex: workflow platform, client portal).In this role, you will identify potential issues before they occur and work to prevent downtime and disruptions as well as being able to conduct troubleshoots with a sharp eye for spotting defects. You should be a team player and excellent communicator. While production support is the primary responsibility, duties may also include Release Management, DevOps, and contributing to our platform strategy to drive continuous improvements. You will work closely with our Engineering and Product Teams to deliver best-in-class support to our growing user base.
- Knowledge of Azure DevOps CI/CD tools, including Pipelines and Releases
- Provide functional and technical support for solutions.
- Troubleshoot issues (technical or data) across components built using different technologies.
- Create monitoring dashboards and alerts to improve on operational efficiency.
- Escalate issues to either Cloud Platform Engineering team and or other technical platform owners using the company’s incident management process.
- Collaborate with Software Engineering team to validate and improve on operability of solutions.
- Implement Standard Operating Procedures and improve support documentation of solutions.
- Knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Professional Experience with C#.
- Familiar with Kubernetes and containerized applications.
- Experience in technical support for cloud-based solutions.
- Understanding on how to analyze issues using logs and telemetry.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Azure integration platforms such as: Microsoft Azure API Gateway, Microsoft Azure Service Bus, Microsoft Azure Event Grid.
Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
We are Alter Domus. Our name means “The Other House” and we’re a world leading provider of integrated solutions for the alternative investment industry. We believe in being different. Here, you progress on merit, not who you know. You speak openly, whoever you’re speaking to. And it’s your freedom to decide which cutting-edge kind of finance professional you want to be. Join more than 4,000 fund administration, accounting, tax, loan administration and legal experts worldwide and take pride in being alternative.
Alter Domus clients include the world’s leading asset managers, lenders and asset owners. We’re specialists who use the most innovative technologies to create unparalleled solutions for the private equity, real assets and debt capital markets sectors. This is where standout talent advances what’s possible in fund administration, corporate services, depositary services, transfer pricing, domiciliation, management company services, loan administration, agency services, trade settlement and CLO manager services.
Amanda Donohue, Senior Manager, Cork
Think ahead to five years’ time and where you would like to see yourself. That’s what I did and Alter Domus offered me the right path.
Aristidis Halikias, Managing Director, Chicago
Many might think that the financial services industry is primarily numbers and math, but I believe we are a people business. The people at Alter Domus make it what it is, and we have some of the best in the entire industry.
Carla Walmsley, Senior Manager, Jersey
Alter Domus were fully supportive through my studying path, providing study support in the way of study fees and study leave, as well as some flexible working towards nearer each exam to help me manage with work/life (and exam!) balance.
Shania Galea, Corporate Services Officer, Malta
As a junior, I learn a lot from all colleagues around me. In addition, the AD Academy keeps on providing us with all the training we need.