Vilnius, Lithuania; Cork, Ireland; Dublin, Ireland
February 23 2023
Alter Domus has an exciting opportunity for a Financial Engineer to join our team. This role will be working in the Data and Analytics Products group – Data Operations team. The group leverages cutting edge technology and domain knowledge to create products to solve challenges in the alternative investment space. The data operations team is responsible of transforming unstructured, and often non-digital data into a structured and digitized format, which will be fed into various products. The team works directly on various new products design along with other teams within the group. The Data Operations team is looking for two financial engineers to work on digital transformation projects including data transformation and standardization methodology design (e.g. panel data specification) and implementation using programming languages, insert quality control over various data processes, set up data workflow in Databricks, and other ad-hoc projects. The projects will be focusing on fund of funds and direct lending dataset.
- Design and implement new data transformation and standardization methodology including panel dataset specification design for fund of funds and direct lending dataset to transform unstructured and often non-digital data into the structured and digitized format
- Design and implement mechanisms to enhance the original dataset to provide further insights to the data
- Work with other team members to design and implement quality control over various data processes
- Work with other team members to set up data workflow in Databricks
- Collaborate with other team members throughout the product design cycle
- Follow consistent and secure practices to ensure data integrity and come up with designs to deal with imperfections in data
- Create documentation of technical whitepapers and workflow processes
- Help ad-hoc projects within the team
- Master’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, Financial Engineering or other quantitative fields
- 2-6 years of experience in finance or engineering. Have the experience in handling fund of funds and direct lending data is a plus
- Strong programming skills in Python or R, and SQL. Have experience in Databricks platform is a plus
- Strong organizational skills including attention to detail is a must
- Have strong analytical skills, critical thinking and problem-solving ability
- Focus on outcomes and quality of output
- Good communication skills
We are Alter Domus. Our name means “The Other House” and we’re a world leading provider of integrated solutions for the alternative investment industry. We believe in being different. Here, you progress on merit, not who you know. You speak openly, whoever you’re speaking to. And it’s your freedom to decide which cutting-edge kind of finance professional you want to be. Join more than 4,000 fund administration, accounting, tax, loan administration and legal experts worldwide and take pride in being alternative.
Alter Domus clients include the world’s leading asset managers, lenders and asset owners. We’re specialists who use the most innovative technologies to create unparalleled solutions for the private equity, real assets and debt capital markets sectors. This is where standout talent advances what’s possible in fund administration, corporate services, depositary services, transfer pricing, domiciliation, management company services, loan administration, agency services, trade settlement and CLO manager services.
Amanda Donohue, Senior Manager, Cork
Think ahead to five years’ time and where you would like to see yourself. That’s what I did and Alter Domus offered me the right path.
Aristidis Halikias, Managing Director, Chicago
Many might think that the financial services industry is primarily numbers and math, but I believe we are a people business. The people at Alter Domus make it what it is, and we have some of the best in the entire industry.
Carla Walmsley, Senior Manager, Jersey
Alter Domus were fully supportive through my studying path, providing study support in the way of study fees and study leave, as well as some flexible working towards nearer each exam to help me manage with work/life (and exam!) balance.
Shania Galea, Corporate Services Officer, Malta
As a junior, I learn a lot from all colleagues around me. In addition, the AD Academy keeps on providing us with all the training we need.