March 15 2023
Fund Administration Services
This is fund accounting and administration at its finest. Where we pair end-to-end expertise with a full spectrum of integrated solutions to exceed our clients’ needs. Here, we advance what’s possible. And give you every opportunity to advance yourself in this fast-moving data-led area.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out these top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Our culture is unlike anywhere else. We are proud of what we have built so far – even as we continue to push our boundaries, to ensure our success in the future. Our environment is powered by a unique set of values and one deliberate mission. To perform, together. By harnessing technology and the collective intelligence of our people, we make the investment management process run smoother: transparent, data led decision making on a global scale. We are The Alternative.
Flexible Working Hours
Competitive packages with extra benefits depending on location
Extra days depending on location and birthday leave
Fund Services Accounting Manager
We are Alter Domus. Our name means “The Other House” and we’re a world leading provider of integrated solutions for the alternative investment industry. We believe in being different. Here, you progress on merit, not who you know. You speak openly, whoever you’re speaking to. And it’s your freedom to decide which cutting-edge kind of finance professional you want to be. Join more than 4,100 fund administration, accounting, tax, loan administration and legal experts worldwide and take pride in being alternative.
Alter Domus clients include the world’s leading asset managers, lenders and asset owners. We’re specialists who use the most innovative technologies to create unparalleled solutions for the private equity, real assets and debt capital markets sectors. This is where standout talent advances what’s possible in fund administration, corporate services, depositary services, transfer pricing, domiciliation, management company services, loan administration, agency services, trade settlement and CLO manager services.
YOUR FUTURE RESPONSIBILITIES
As the Manager of the Fund Accounting team, you will be accountable for ensuring all client requirements are met, acting as a central point of contact for your client / clients, anticipating their demands, identifying and remediating issues and accurately measuring potential risks and identifying solutions to maintain a relentless focus on client service and quality. Specifically you will:
- Oversee all operational aspects of the account, including client invoicing;
- Be responsible for the financial monitoring of the client portfolio;
- Manage the day-to-day relationships with other service providers in the industry, including auditors, law firms, custodians, and prime brokers;
- Be accountable for the production of client reporting and the checking of Fund NAV reports. This includes reviewing and overseeing the work done by members of the team;
- Be accountable for the coordination and validation of all work delivered by the team
- Assist in design of systems and process to meet changing client needs;
- Lead on internal fund projects and work closely with the fund administration and IT systems teams to provide fund servicing solutions.
What we’ll look for on your CV:
- You are a qualified Accountant (e.g. ACA, ACCA, or CIMA) with a strong academic background.
- 5 - 7 years of years of relevant experience in Private Equity and/or Real Estate and fund of fund administration, including familiarity with various fund structures, NAV calculation, transfer agency, equalisation, waterfall calculation and tax compliance;
- You will be experienced in managing a team (including fully/partly qualified accountants) in a client-facing Fund Accounting/Administration role;
- IFRS and UK GAAP knowledge is a must, experience in consolidation would be advantageous;
- Experience using e-Front or other fund administration IT systems;
What will make you stand out in a crowd:
- You can act on your own initiative, lead a team of fund administration professionals, and be able to give them training either on the job or in a classroom setting.
- Skill 2; you will use the experience you have acquired in the past as well as excellent organizational skills, sound judgment, the ability to prioritise tasks, and strong personal character to help
- Skill 3. and to ensure the overall fund team performs and grows. Your team will benefit from your good listening skills, tailored coaching, and planning;
Monthly Salary: From 3000 EUR Gross (the final offer will depend on your competencies, experiences and qualifications)
Hear from the team
"Alter Domus were fully supportive through my studying path, providing study support in the way of study fees and study leave, as well as some flexible working towards nearer each exam to help me manage with work/life (and exam!) balance.
Carla Walmsley, Senior Manager - Fund Services, Jersey