February 07 2023
Fund Administration Services
This is fund accounting and administration at its finest. Where we pair end-to-end expertise with a full spectrum of integrated solutions to exceed our clients’ needs. Here, we advance what’s possible. And give you every opportunity to advance yourself in this fast-moving data-led area.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out these top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Our culture is unlike anywhere else. We are proud of what we have built so far – even as we continue to push our boundaries, to ensure our success in the future. Our environment is powered by a unique set of values and one deliberate mission. To perform, together. By harnessing technology and the collective intelligence of our people, we make the investment management process run smoother: transparent, data led decision making on a global scale. We are The Alternative.
Flexible Working Hours
Competitive packages with extra benefits depending on location
Extra days depending on location and birthday leave
Fund Services Senior Accounting Officer
We are Alter Domus. Our name means “The Other House” and we’re a world leading provider of integrated solutions for the alternative investment industry. We believe in being different. Here, you progress on merit, not who you know. You speak openly, whoever you’re speaking to. And it’s your freedom to decide which cutting-edge kind of finance professional you want to be. Join more than 4,100 fund administration, accounting, tax, loan administration and legal experts worldwide and take pride in being alternative.
Alter Domus clients include the world’s leading asset managers, lenders and asset owners. We’re specialists who use the most innovative technologies to create unparalleled solutions for the private equity, real assets and debt capital markets sectors. This is where standout talent advances what’s possible in fund administration, corporate services, depositary services, transfer pricing, domiciliation, management company services, loan administration, agency services, trade settlement and CLO manager services.
You will be responsible for the accounting and full administration of a portfolio of Alter Domus clients and will act as a liaison and point of contact for all matters relating to the account with responsibility for the quality of the work carried out for the client. Specifically, you will:
- Take an active part in the initial setup of any new funds and liaising with independent tax specialists, lawyers, and notaries as part of the set-up process;
- Oversee the preparation and collation of Know Your Customer (KYC) and Client Due Diligence files;
- Take care of the day-to-day operations of the funds and following up with third parties, including investors and fund managers;
- Handle the fund accounts and preparation of periodic reports and regulatory reports for the fund entities;
- Oversee the preparation of the funds’ periodic Net Asset Value calculation and year-end financial statements, management of the audit, and reviewing other fund related reports;
- Be responsible for the preparation/review of drawdown and distribution calculation and notices, equalisation calculations;
- Coordinate and arranging investor servicing, including investor on-boarding, capital calls, distributions as well as issuance of shareholder statements;
- Organise and participate in board meetings and shareholders' meetings;
- Review tax returns and tax balances and maintain relevant contacts with the tax authorities;
- Accurately record all time spent dealing with client matters to ensure the clients are correctly invoiced;
- Pro-actively take on additional responsibilities and administration tasks as required by your managers or clients.
- Mentor and review the work done by members of the team.
What we’ll look for on your CV:
- Strong academic background, preferably with a degree in Accounting, Finance, Audit or Economics.
- Up to 3-5 years relevant experience within the fields of accounting or audit.
- Working towards your professional accounting qualification (ACCA/CIMA/ACA) is an advantage;
- Knowledge and experience in Real Estate and/or Private Equity fund administration is an advantage;
- High level of IT literacy with strong Excel and Word skills
What will make you stand out in a crowd:
- Good communication skills, organised and flexible;
- You possess team spirit with the ability to work independently using your own initiative when appropriate;
- Ambitious with a high level of energy and commitment;
Monthly Salary: From 2660 Euro Gross
Hear from the team
"Alter Domus were fully supportive through my studying path, providing study support in the way of study fees and study leave, as well as some flexible working towards nearer each exam to help me manage with work/life (and exam!) balance.
Carla Walmsley, Senior Manager - Fund Services, Jersey