Chicago, United States; Carmel, United States; Ogden, United States; Salt Lake City, United States
January 25 2024
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out these top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Our culture is unlike anywhere else. We are proud of what we have built so far – even as we continue to push our boundaries, to ensure our success in the future. Our environment is powered by a unique set of values and one deliberate mission. To perform, together. By harnessing technology and the collective intelligence of our people, we make the investment management process run smoother: transparent, data led decision making on a global scale. We are The Alternative.
Flexible Working Hours
Competitive packages with extra benefits depending on location
Extra days depending on location and birthday leave
Fund Accountant - Real Estate
We are Alter Domus. Meaning “The Other House” in Latin, Alter Domus is proud to be home to 85% of the top 30 asset managers in the alternatives industry, and more than 5,000 professionals across 23 countries.
With a deep understanding of what it takes to succeed in alternatives, we believe in being different. Invest yourself in the alternative, and join an organization where you progress on merit, where you can speak openly with whoever you are speaking to, and where you will be supported along whichever path you choose to take.
Find out more about life at Alter Domus at careers.alterdomus.com
Fund Accountant (Real Estate Funds)
Alter Domus is currently seeking a new Fund Accountant to join our Fund Administration team!
- Follow standard GAAP process and guidelines;
- Interact directly with clients on weekly/monthly calls and ad-hoc as required;
- Work with members of the Financial Control, Implementation, and Technology teams to streamline production and enhance policies and procedures;
- Ensure strong internal and external communications on status, issues, and expectations;
- Build relationships with responsive, confident communications and attention to detail;
- Self-review work prior to submitting for review; and
- Participate in interactions with external SOC 1 and fund-client auditors.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting (or related field);
- 0-3 years of professional experience (May 2023 graduates encouraged to apply);
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills;
- Demonstrated analytical capabilities and strong attention to detail;
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments, and manage ambiguity;
- Successful candidates can work independently and as a part of a team with professionals from all levels;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel; and
- CPA, or intention to obtain CPA, preferred.
WHAT WE OFFER:
We are committed to supporting your development, advancing your career, and providing benefits that matter to you.
Our industry-leading Alter Domus Academy offers six learning zones for every stage of your career, with resources tailored to your ambitions and resources from LinkedIn Learning.
Our global benefits also include:
- Support for professional accreditations such as ACCA and study leave
- Flexible arrangements, generous holidays, birthday leave and graduation leave
- Continuous mentoring along your career progression
- Active sports, events and social committees across our offices
- Support with mental, physical, emotional and financial support 24/7 from our Employee Assistance Program
- The opportunity to invest in our growth and success through our Employee Share Plan
- Plus additional local benefits depending on your location
Equity in every sense of the word
We are in the business of equity, in every sense of the word. For us, this means taking action to ensure every colleague has equal opportunity, valuing every voice and experience across our organisation, maintaining an inclusive culture where you can bring your whole self to work, and making Alter Domus a workplace where everyone feels they belong.
We celebrate our differences, and understand that our success relies on diverse perspectives and experiences, working towards shared goals and a common purpose. Thanks to the work of our Group DE&I Committee and network of DE&I Champions, we empower all of our people to be truly invested in the alternative.
We are committed to ensuring an inclusive recruiting and onboarding process. Please contact our hiring team if you require any accommodations to make our recruitment process more accessible for you.
Hear from the team
"Alter Domus were fully supportive through my studying path, providing study support in the way of study fees and study leave, as well as some flexible working towards nearer each exam to help me manage with work/life (and exam!) balance.
Carla Walmsley, Senior Manager - Fund Services, Jersey