October 17 2023
Senior Database Administrator
We are looking for a Senior Database Administrator (SQL Server and Oracle) to join the Global IT Operations team. The scope of his/her work will be to participate in all Systems related projects, in an execution and coordination role with external parties.
- Proficient with both SQL Server (Windows) and Oracle Database (Linux) Administration / Maintenance
- Build database systems with High Availability Solutions
- Install, upgrade, and manage Database Applications
- Develop processes for optimizing database security
- Monitor database performance, implement changes, and apply new patches and versions when required
- Performance tuning of database systems
- Diagnose and troubleshoot database errors
- Manage database access
- Manage clear communication of progress/status with project stakeholders
- Anticipate and evaluate risks
- Comprehend complex technical details and relay information to both technical and business stakeholders
- Creation of requirement documents upon completion of each project
- Drive urgency towards customer lab/field issues with the support organization and internal development teams
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by enforcing procedures, rules, and regulations
- Reporting and resolution of issues, risks, and dependencies, proactively identifying potential planning gaps, suggesting mitigations to risks, actions to close issues or complete open items
- Proven working experience as a SQL Server / Oracle (Linux) Database Administrator
- Good knowledge of data backup, recovery, security, integrity, and performance monitoring standards
- Understanding of relational and dimensional data modelling
- Familiar with SSIS,SSRS,SSAS
- Strong technical knowledge of Microsoft technologies, including server and client OS, Active Directory
- Understanding of monitoring and reporting platforms, and associated tasks or operations
- Being familiar with ITIL framework, tickets and Change management and associated workflows
- Proven work Experience on Oracle Administration / Maintenance and Support in Linux platform
- At least 5 years of experience in database administration
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field
- Experience with cloud services (Microsoft Azure) a plus
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Willingness to work with teams in multiple time zones
- Able to interact with all levels of management
- Experienced in manage challenging situations with key clients requirements and third party constrains, and expert in building consensus in such situations
- Ability to work under pressure and time constraints, and you maintain attention to detail in high-pressure situations
- Able to coordinate multiple 3rd party providers
- You are fluent in English
- Willing to travel when needed
- You are hands-on and not always play by the book.
Amanda Donohue, Senior Manager, Cork
Think ahead to five years’ time and where you would like to see yourself. That’s what I did and Alter Domus offered me the right path.
Aristidis Halikias, Managing Director, Chicago
Many might think that the financial services industry is primarily numbers and math, but I believe we are a people business. The people at Alter Domus make it what it is, and we have some of the best in the entire industry.
Carla Walmsley, Senior Manager, Jersey
Alter Domus were fully supportive through my studying path, providing study support in the way of study fees and study leave, as well as some flexible working towards nearer each exam to help me manage with work/life (and exam!) balance.
Shania Galea, Corporate Services Officer, Malta
As a junior, I learn a lot from all colleagues around me. In addition, the AD Academy keeps on providing us with all the training we need.