December 15 2023
Legal Manager - Lithuania
For our office in Lithuania, we are currently looking for an experienced Legal Manager. We offer a dynamic, and international corporate atmosphere as well as the benefit of customized training adapted to your needs throughout your career.
As a member of the team supporting Company Secretary services to clients, you serve as a leader and critical liaison internally with fund managers and as a main point of contact to our clients. You will be responsible for leading the company secretarial service delivery for various holding companies and asset owning companies and will manage a portfolio of regulated and unregulated real estate and corporate entities including funds, trusts and companies. As Manager, you will be responsible for up to date technical knowledge and ensuring operational excellence is delivered to clients, providing support, guidance, development and review work produced.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Overseeing the day-to-day company secretarial operations of the entities managed by Alter Domus and the various transactions (e.g. incorporation, share allotment, capital reduction, change of directors, strike off, amendment of articles of association, buy back, power of attorney, loan notes etc.) to include preparation and/or review of the necessary corporate approvals, Companies House filings, statutory registers updates etc.;
- Collaborating with others on the setup and/or on-boarding of client structures, and administering complex international structures;
- Oversee services to clients and ensure operational processes are delivered to a high quality and in a timely manner;
- Managing priorities and critical decisions and supporting the team and peers;
- Corresponding with portfolio of clients, board members, third party intermediaries such as banks, lawyers, accountants and tax advisors both in person and via written or telephone communication;
- Preparing for and participating in board and shareholders' meetings and ensuring processes and turnaround are adhered to;
- Advising on best practice, preparing for and providing board support services;
- Maintenance of statutory records for entities and ensuring filing requirements are met;
- Monitoring changes in relevant legislation and the regulatory environment and taking the appropriate action on behalf of clients and internally;
- Preparation, collation and ongoing monitoring of Know Your Customer/Client Due Diligence and promoter/corporate files;
- Supporting team on client engagement and transactions
- Managing a team of 2-3 staff.
- Review and negotiation of MSA;
- Potential to serve as a director on client companies.
- Hold a relevant professional qualification or be working towards one;
- Have relevant experience managing corporate structures of a similar nature and strong company secretarial knowledge;
- Knowledge of other areas such tax, accounting, regulatory and AML requirements is required;
- Proven capacity to build strong client relationships, and take initiative to act without waiting for direction when appropriate;
- Demonstrated effective communication and management skills and are able to delegate work and supervise junior staff;
- Demonstrated success in supporting boards and transactional skills with prior Diligent Board experience desired;
Amanda Donohue, Senior Manager, Cork
Think ahead to five years’ time and where you would like to see yourself. That’s what I did and Alter Domus offered me the right path.
Aristidis Halikias, Managing Director, Chicago
Many might think that the financial services industry is primarily numbers and math, but I believe we are a people business. The people at Alter Domus make it what it is, and we have some of the best in the entire industry.
Carla Walmsley, Senior Manager, Jersey
Alter Domus were fully supportive through my studying path, providing study support in the way of study fees and study leave, as well as some flexible working towards nearer each exam to help me manage with work/life (and exam!) balance.
Shania Galea, Corporate Services Officer, Malta
As a junior, I learn a lot from all colleagues around me. In addition, the AD Academy keeps on providing us with all the training we need.