What makes a successful member of our team? Check out these top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Our culture is unlike anywhere else. We are proud of what we have built so far – even as we continue to push our boundaries, to ensure our success in the future. Our environment is powered by a unique set of values and one deliberate mission. To perform, together. By harnessing technology and the collective intelligence of our people, we make the investment management process run smoother: transparent, data led decision making on a global scale. We are The Alternative.
Flexible Working Hours
Competitive packages with extra benefits depending on location
Extra days depending on location and birthday leave
Company Secretary Manager
We are Alter Domus. Meaning “The Other House” in Latin, Alter Domus is proud to be home to 85% of the top 30 asset managers in the alternatives industry, and more than 5,000 professionals across 23 countries.
With a deep understanding of what it takes to succeed in alternatives, we believe in being different. Invest yourself in the alternative, and join an organization where you progress on merit, where you can speak openly with whoever you are speaking to, and where you will be supported along whichever path you choose to take.
Find out more about life at Alter Domus at careers.alterdomus.com
• You will have day to day responsibility for the Corporate Governance, Board Management and Company Secretarial services for a portfolio of regulated and unregulated entities including funds, feeder vehicles general partners and holding companies, and will act as one of the main liaison and points of contact for these matters relating to the client;
• This is a management leadership role for the Senior Officers and Officers, responsible for the staff, along with being knowledgeable about the quality of your work and their work that is carried out for all clients. You will review work produced for submission from the Senior Officers and Officers which at times will be presented to directors and senior management;
• Work in conjunction with other members of the Team in providing on the job training to ensure a comprehensive Company Secretarial Service; and
• While employed as a Manager you will be required to attend training to enhance your current skills and learn new ones.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
• Interaction with clients, board members, third party intermediaries such as banks, lawyers, accountants and tax advisors both in person and via written or telephone communication;
• Preparing for and participating in board and shareholders' meetings, including but limited to drafting of agenda, preparation of board papers, attending meetings as representative of Alter Domus Guernsey in its capacity as Company Secretary and producing minutes and action point schedules;
• Ensuring compliance with the GFSC’s Code of Corporate Governance where appropriate;
• Maintenance of statutory records for entities and ensuring filing requirements are met;
• Review, circulation and completion of transaction documentation;
• Support the fund administration team in respect of investor servicing, client on-boarding, investment transactions, draw downs, distributions and other administrative activities;
• When required, assisting with the preparation, collation and ongoing monitoring of Know Your Customer / Client Due Diligence and promoter / corporate files;
• Attend industry and networking events to represent Alter Domus thus creating and strengthening relationships;
• Liaise with the Financial Reporting teams for year end and interim accounts for sign off by the Boards;
• Facilitate the execution of all client legal documentation;
• Regular staff meetings to ensure the smooth running of the department.
• Have a passion for your role and for building successful client and Board relationships through teamwork and high standards of service;
• Hold a relevant professional qualification or be working towards one;
• Have 5 to 10 years’ experience, with 1 to 2 years at Manager level of providing company secretarial and governance support services in the investment funds and/or fiduciary industry and be able to show a strong track record in dealing with clients and their boards of directors; and
• Effective organisation skills with the ability to prioritise tasks, work to deadlines and be able to take initiative to act without waiting for direction where appropriate.
What we offer
We are committed to supporting your development, advancing your career, and providing benefits that matter to you.
Our industry-leading Alter Domus Academy offers six learning zones for every stage of your career, with resources tailored to your ambitions and resources from LinkedIn Learning.
Our global benefits also include:
- Support for professional accreditations such as ACCA and study leave
- Flexible arrangements, generous holidays, birthday leave and graduation leave
- Continuous mentoring along your career progression
- Active sports, events and social committees across our offices
- Support with mental, physical, emotional and financial support 24/7 from our Employee Assistance Program
- The opportunity to invest in our growth and success through our Employee Share Plan
- Plus additional local benefits depending on your location
Equity in every sense of the word
We are in the business of equity, in every sense of the word. For us, this means taking action to ensure every colleague has equal opportunity, valuing every voice and experience across our organisation, maintaining an inclusive culture where you can bring your whole self to work, and making Alter Domus a workplace where everyone feels they belong.
We celebrate our differences, and understand that our success relies on diverse perspectives and experiences, working towards shared goals and a common purpose. Thanks to the work of our Group DE&I Committee and network of DE&I Champions, we empower all of our people to be truly invested in the alternative.
We are committed to ensuring an inclusive recruiting and onboarding process. Please contact our hiring team if you require any accommodations to make our recruitment process more accessible for you.
Hear from the team
"As a junior, I learn a lot from all colleagues around me. In addition, the AD Academy keeps on providing us with all the training we need.
Shania Galea, Corporate Services Officer, Malta