What makes a successful member of our team? Check out these top traits we're looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Our culture is unlike anywhere else. We are proud of what we have built so far – even as we continue to push our boundaries, to ensure our success in the future. Our environment is powered by a unique set of values and one deliberate mission. To perform, together. By harnessing technology and the collective intelligence of our people, we make the investment management process run smoother: transparent, data led decision making on a global scale. We are The Alternative.
Flexible Working Hours
Competitive packages with extra benefits depending on location
Extra days depending on location and birthday leave
Funds Services Accounting Intern
We are Alter Domus. Our name means “The Other House” and we’re a world leading provider of integrated solutions for the alternative investment industry. We believe in being different. Here, you progress on merit, not who you know. You speak openly, whoever you’re speaking to. And it’s your freedom to decide which cutting-edge kind of finance professional you want to be. Join more than 5,400 fund administration, accounting, tax, loan administration and legal experts worldwide and take pride in being alternative.
For our office in Vilnius, we are currently looking for a Fund Accounting Intern. We offer a dynamic, and international corporate atmosphere as well as the benefit of customized training adapted to your needs throughout your internship.
- Taking care of the day-to-day operations of the funds and following up with third parties, including investors and fund managers;
- Undergoing dynamic and interactive onboarding & training program designed to quickly and effectively give new joiners the industry skills and contexts needed;
- Taking part in the setup of funds, and implementing complex international real estate, private equity, fund of funds or debt structures as part of restructuring plans, mergers and acquisitions;
- Preparing the funds’ periodic Net Asset Value calculation and year-end financial statements, management of the audit, and reviewing other fund related reports;
- Preparing tax returns and tax balances and maintaining relevant contacts with the tax authorities;
- Working within the Credit & Structured Products team to gain functional knowledge of both bank loan assets and portfolio accounting principles to accurately input, review, analyze and record-keep portfolios of syndicated bank loans;
- Learning to process all life cycle events for portfolios containing multiple asset types;
- Working with client deliverables related to the NAV process including financial statements, investor statements, capital call notices, distribution notices, and other ad-hoc reporting as required;
- Learning about and follow standard GAAP process and guidelines;
- Gaining expertise in relevant Loan Servicing software, various proprietary systems, and our internal accounting platform to ensure accuracy of output.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
Alter Domus teams operate on a full service rather than a functionalized model; interns will get visibility of the complete spectrum of fund services and corporate services that we provide. Our end-to-end delivery teams are built around the following principles:
- Expertise per sub-asset class: All teams specialise in a given asset class (Private Equity, Real Estate, Debt, Fund Of Funds).
- End-to-end processing by an integrated team of generalists with full knowledge and control over the full process rather than functionalization of the teams.
- Expert Pools support the delivery teams on specific topics: Consolidation, Liquidations, Tax Compliance, Transfer Pricing, Investor Customer Due Diligence (CDD).
WHAT YOU WILL BENEFIT FROM:
- Wide training offering from the Alter Domus Academy;
- Hybrid working arrangements;
- 'Meet the Manager' sessions;
- Networking events;
- Workshops with our Talent Acquisition team;
- Working in teams on collaborative projects;
- Intern presentations/group projects;
- Taking part in Sports and Social activities.
- You are studying towards an undergraduate degree (or above) in areas such as Finance, Accounting, Business or Economics;
- You have an interest in the alternative investment industry;
- You have strong communication and collaboration skills, you prioritise teamwork, reliability and being organised and you take the initiative to solve problems and generate results;
- You are fluent in English.
Financial compensation for our internship programme participants is 1,000 EUR gross per month.
Hear from the team
"Alter Domus were fully supportive through my studying path, providing study support in the way of study fees and study leave, as well as some flexible working towards nearer each exam to help me manage with work/life (and exam!) balance.
Carla Walmsley, Senior Manager - Fund Services, Jersey